Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79' xs Turned Cafe.

Hey all.. I am a new member here..

I'm a 24 year old.. Stunt bike aholic...

I guess in a nut shell- I got a bike for a good price from a buddy here in Anchorage, Alaska.. And after enough of seeing old bike's brought back to life i decided to bring my XS11 BACK TO LIFE

I decided to go Full clubs- bars, rearend etc on the bike.. with custom pipes, and rear sets u'd only see in my shop..

I'll show you a cpl before pics.. more when the rest gets put on!!!

SINCE WORK:

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/59/l_a5de3a05d27d48a2b27ae4c769d9cbcc.jpg
    [/IMG]

So i got a lil bit advice.. looks like ima go with the 1440 kit.. etc.. any Feedback ill appreciate it etc..

I wanna go full dragster, racer- as i can get without puttin any drag bars, race bars, etc on it.. i want it to look as Nimble as it is Dirty...

any help, pics.. Appreciated

Ty Cruising ram for the site link..

GC!
    Last edited by ecthemc; 04-16-2009, 08:15 AM.
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../bottomsig.jpg

"He who hates me - also hates my father."
    "I've learned in my life.. war is life.. and.. its in everyone's genes and structure. To not be prepared for war is to be inhumane.. so to be truly human is to always be ready for War"- x3 Grandfather.. ACE -Royal Air France, US Air Force

I want to go cafe with the bike.. I know its going to take good front ende.. which im following with some aftermarket springs and a fork brace

as well as a engine boaring kit..hopin to go 1440.. if anyone got any input on that plz speak now..

steel braided lines.. some frame reinbracing etc..

Im Eric.. I want to the Pimp the XS out. HELP ME OUT!!

TY

"I've learned in my life.. war is life.. and.. its in everyone's genes and structure. To not be prepared for war is to be inhumane.. so to be truly human is to always be ready for War"- x3 Grandfather.. ACE -Royal Air France, US Air Force

Comment

Will these engines go that big? I know some have gone to 1200, but 1440?? I would be afraid the cylinder walls would get a bit too thin.

Eric, be prepared for some ribbing by the purists here, who would much prefer see these things babied and brough back to their original glory. There are, however, a few people here who have successfully chopped and modded their XS's a bit. Good luck on your project though!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

there's a guy over in the Netherlands, that bored his out pretty big, put a turbo on it with an intercooler, it was the bomb no doubt. I can't remember how big his is bored to, but I believe it is significantly larger than stock. his user name is mathh, you will get some good ideas there. there's another guy on here, his name is Dan Hodges, he appears to know all about building up engines, read his posts, but be prepared to be confused by his vast knowledge. and lastly, I can't remember who it was, but some fellow modified the hell out of his 11, I'm thinking he went 1400 or better, chopped and dropped it if I remember correctly, the thread title was something like "xs1400" or something along those lines, it's been a year or two since I saw it, it was more the cruiser type of setup but had a massive engine displacement when he got through with it. and I won't bust your chops over mods to your bike, it's yours, make it your own. and welcome to the site. have a nice day and ride safe
        I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

[QUOTE=ecthemc;203044
          as well as a engine boring kit..hopin to go 1440.. if anyone got any input on that plz speak now.. steel braided lines.. some frame reinbracing etc..
          I'm Eric.. I want to the Pimp the XS out. HELP ME OUT!! TY[/QUOTE]

Hi Eric,
          if you take the motor to 1440 you gonna need pistons with flat sides because they'll be touching each other.
          If you want more power the quick fix is a turbocharger.
          As I understand the term, "pimping out" involves mink seat covers, psychedelic paint and a sound system with it's output measured in gigawatts.
          For that, sir, you are on your own.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Iwant my XS to perform the best it can.. Hey they didn't put a big engine in these things for nothing!!!..

I just cant wait to smoke some squids on some new gsxr's CBR's in the twisties on a bike thats Older then me-

That's my plans.. To make it go in corners as fast as it can in a straight line ( well thats the idea )

I don't like the ridiculous front fender " signs" and ugly exhaust systems that most the cafe's around got..

I just want it to look mean !!!! Thanks for the feedback

Comment

I'm kind of going the same direction you are. My bike looked almost identical to yours a month ago. About to start painting so I'll post pics as I go along.
              1979 XS1100 Standard
              Putting it together........

Comment

Welcome to XS11.You have ambition,thats good.
                I dont know if you can get an XS to handle like or better than a GSXR
                or a CBR but what the heck,its worth a try.
                These bikes are like 700 pounds and top heavy,but they got the powa.
                Good luck and make sure we get lots of pics with progres.
                Rick
                80 SG XS1100
                14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Weisco (sp?) makes an 1196 big bore kit. Do a search on "bore", and you should come up with a LOT of threads. There was a thread about putting in larger liners, I think from someone in Oklahoma.
                  If you keep the front forks, a Tkat brace and progressive springs are just abot the best you can do. The only other option is a cartridge for the forks, but that's another $400 or so.
                  S.S. brake lines all around is a great start. You CAN get the newer disks, and adapt some 4 pot brakes up front to keep the fade down. For handling, I would also look into working on the swing arm, replace or brace.
                  Good luck, keep the pictures coming, and keep us informed!
                  Oh, and welcome to the site!
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Front forks

Welcome!
                    If I remember correctly,"xschop" went GSXR or 'Busa front end and it was almost plug and play. Check out his threads and picts...very cool.
                    Regards,
                    T
                    Last edited by Tdog; 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: spellin
                    '81 H

Comment

Cool I'm not crazy about the looks of to new bikes either.Mega Cycle cams in CA will regrind your cams.They have street strip and race only specs.
                      1980 special (Phyllis)
                      1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Watch out some of the guys aren't huge fans of the XS getting the chop, however I don't mind. Dream it, and then do it! One can't happen without the other.
                        "Shop"
                        Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

yawn......
                          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                            yawn......
                            Was thinking the same thing.....looks just like the other 100 I've seen here in 6 months. I think Rain Riding is more exciting..
                            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                            93 GSX600F
                            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                            81 XS1100 Special
                            81 CB750 C
                            80 CB750 C
                            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                              Was thinking the same thing.....looks just like the other 100 I've seen here in 6 months. I think Rain Riding is more exciting..
                              How did I know someone was gonna say something like that... Took long enough though.
                              1980 XS850SG - Sold
                              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X