XS 11 Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS 11 Hats

I was wandering around the forum and noticed that there are no XS11 hats....

I have a friend who is in the wholesale hat business, he provides hats to major sports teams, etc.

If there were enough interest, we could get hats. The minimum order is something like 496 hats, but the upside is that they are great quality at a really great price. Hats with the plastic adjustment strap on the back are about $3 and the good fits-all type with elastic and a closed back are like $5 I think.

So, here is my thought....is there enough interest in hats that we could pre-sell all of them before ordering? Should we sell them at cost plus a buck to help fund the forum? What would we want the embroidery to look like? I'd buy a few....how about you? I'm thinking a black fits-all hat with XS11 on the front and xs11.com smaller on the back....thoughts?

We would need 100 people to pre-pay for 5 hats....about $30-35 bucks? plus shipping and I'm sure there is a set up charge for the embroidery but I don't know how much that will be...may add $1 or so per hat. The only way I will take this on is if we have all the cash up front....I'm not a bank. But if we can gather the cash, I will manage the project and ship all the hats.

So, if there is enough interest, I will get a quote for the hats and we'll go from there.

What do you think?

Gary

Hey Gary: That sounds great. I'm in for the 1st 100 people @ $5.00 hat -if you keep the black with a "good fits-all type with elastic & closed back & I assume would be the fabric type not the "cheese grader" type. I like the idea of the XS11 on front & XS11.com smaller on back. If this happens just let me know & I'll send you a money order for the amount. I don't really want 5 - but I will take them to support the cause. I'm hard on hats anyways & eventually I'l go thru them all. This hat would certainly be in my saddlebag for when I have a ridin' stop. Gotta support the 'xs' on my Timmies stops. Thx for the time & idea even if it doesn't go thru - Dan
    '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
    1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
    Rebuilt head, valves
    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
    Tkat Fork Brace
    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
    Dyna Coils & wires
    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
    ISO grips with stelleto ends
    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
    Bridgestone Spitfires
    Tuned by Tinman905
    & a will to keep it.

Comment

Great Dan! One down.....99 to go. I think a cloth hat is much better than the plastic....and the fits-all cloth hats are closed in back so you could be cool like my son and wear it backwards

Gary

Comment

You can count me in. I like the "closed back" style too.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

good idea

count me in too! closed back and hopefully black. thanks ride safe!! slow mo!1
          The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
          moemcnally@hotmail.com
          i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

I'd be up for 1
            If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

A member called unclespot was making them a while back, that's who I got mine from.

Comment

Uncle Spot ran out... I tried getting another one from him a few months ago... and I don't think he was planning on another run from the sound of it...

Mine are getting pretty worn out... I'd be in for at least 1 or 2 if they aren't the plastic strap kind...
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Hey, Kat, can't cafepress do hats??

Comment

yep... in fact, I had some set up... but took them down when Spot showed back up after not being around for awhile...
                    and Cafepress didn't offer a decent looking black hat... and I really prefer those myself...
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

I'm in. Shoot, if every member bought just two, we have it covered in no time. Also favor the closed back with front and rear stuff on it. I like the $1 kickback to the site also.

Come on everyone, for the price of a good sixpack (whole case if you buy trbig beer), you can have a Jen-u-ine XS11 hat?
                      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I would be interested in 2 but 5 seems to be too many...what kind of Logo on the front? If we just do the XS11.com logo then we dont need to worry about copyright infringement BS with Yamaha...I'd like to see this logo up front ...what do you all think...I never seen the previous run of hats so I dont know what was done anyone have a pic of them?
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben,

There's a photo of mine in my member's album. That's the one I got from unclespot. BTW, when are you scheduled to go up to see ossjughead? I may have a package for you.

Comment

Here's a link to a pic of the other hat:

XS11 Hat
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                              didn't offer a decent looking black hat... and I really prefer those myself...
                              Hmmmmm....is there an underlying statement there?? (ducking quickly!!)
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                              X