Oh Canada! Whats a Poutine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ego Intact

I think it is just the men of Quebec that push the rudeness to keep from being overun by"anglos". Never in my life have I seen so many attractive and stylish women in one area. They seem to have a unique ability to gently turn you down (dancing of course) without damaging your ego. If they do wish to dance you'd best bring your "A" game.
    I guess I'd consider doing the same thing but while I could become fluent in french, being rude is something you must be brought up with.
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
      I think most would back me up on this, for some unknown reason making timmy's at home just isn't the same. Lots have tried. I think that it must have something to do with the cups. ... Rick

Hey Rick;

A little 'secret' for you... it's the water that makes the difference. As a former distributor for a company that supplied 'Timmies' with the requisite paraphernalia, it was one of the 'trade' secrets that served us well when trying to close a sale. It worked wonders, especially with 'Timmies' fans who couldn't duplicate the taste/quality of the coffee sold in the coffee shops when making it at home, even though they used the same packs of coffee.
      Ron

p.s. Hey BNE, wish I had known you were coming up, would have taken a drive out to meet you. Hopefully catch up with you on the return, if not before.
      Last edited by xsilerating; 04-01-2009, 02:08 AM. Reason: add comment
      1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
      1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
      1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
      1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
      2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

That could explain it

Originally posted by xsilerating View Post
        Hey Rick; A little 'secret' for you... it's the water that makes the difference. As a former distributor for a company that supplied 'Timmies' with the requisite paraphernalia, it was one of the 'trade' secrets that served us well when trying to close a sale. It worked wonders, especially with 'Timmies' fans who couldn't duplicate the taste/quality of the coffee sold in the coffee shops when making it at home, even though they used the same packs of coffee.
        Ron
        Hey, every time I've driven past the lineup of cars at Timmie's takeout window I've wondered what made presumably sensible people waste all that time lining up to pay over a dollar for a cup of coffee that they could get for pennies in the safety and convenience of their own homes and now I know. Timmies put something habit-forming in the water. Those poor bastards are not stupid after all. They are addicted.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by xsilerating View Post
          Hey Rick;

A little 'secret' for you... it's the water that makes the difference. As a former distributor for a company that supplied 'Timmies' with the requisite paraphernalia, it was one of the 'trade' secrets that served us well when trying to close a sale. It worked wonders, especially with 'Timmies' fans who couldn't duplicate the taste/quality of the coffee sold in the coffee shops when making it at home, even though they used the same packs of coffee.
          Ron

p.s. Hey BNE, wish I had known you were coming up, would have taken a drive out to meet you. Hopefully catch up with you on the return, if not before.
          Hi Ron...now that is interesting...I wonder about the wter used is it tripled filtered? Obviously it isnt tap water. My 1st time there was last Sat...it was over 16*c and I was warm so I had an iced cappucino..it was fantastic right down to the bottom of the cup and I was addicted right from the get go...! Timmy must be a very rich man! As for missing meeting me dont worry I'll be baaack in a few weeks...And we'll get in some good riding too, Eh?
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Hi Ron...now that is interesting...I wonder about the wter used is it tripled filtered? Obviously it isnt tap water. My 1st time there was last Sat...it was over 16*c and I was warm so I had an iced cappucino..it was fantastic right down to the bottom of the cup and I was addicted right from the get go...! Timmy must be a very rich man! As for missing meeting me dont worry I'll be baaack in a few weeks...And we'll get in some good riding too, Eh?
            The real Tim Horton died back in the 70's when the chain had 2 or three stores in Hamilton. The filtered water and the cream with their unique blend of coffee is the secret.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

XSive Special Water

Makes sense. If someone wanted to purchase this water for personal consumption, what would they look for. It can't be holy water because I haven't melted yet.
              It would seem you can find out everthing on this site. Keeping that in mind, does anybody know what women really want?
              Rick

Comment

It would seem you can find out everthing on this site. Keeping that in mind, does anybody know what women really want?
                Rick
                Rick,
                You need to start your own thread if you want this question answered!!
                And I think KAT may be able to give you a few hints, cause I KNOW she won't let HER secrets out!
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

LMAooo here...I was curious about Tim Hortons in the USA and believe it or not there are 10 in the Syracuse NY area and 2 in the Cortland NY area.....its no secret that triple filtered h2o tastes better than tap h2o...but their blend of of cream and coffee is a mystery to me...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    The real Tim Horton died back in the 70's when the chain had 2 or three stores in Hamilton. The filtered water and the cream with their unique blend of coffee is the secret.
                    Phil
                    Oh I didnt know that... RIP Timmy
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ignorance is bliss

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                      Rick,
                      You need to start your own thread if you want this question answered!!
                      And I think KAT may be able to give you a few hints, cause I KNOW she won't let HER secrets out!
                      On second thought, I'd probably be better off not knowing. Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
                        On second thought, I'd probably be better off not knowing. Rick
                        You're definitely better off not knowing. If you knew, then you'd have no excuse for not doing exactly whatever it is.
                        If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

Working...
                        X