Oh Canada! Whats a Poutine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Canada! Whats a Poutine?

I have returned from Ontario...trailered my XJ up to Jim. Wish I could have met some of youse guys there but I nonetheless met some fine people! Thankyou Jim and Lori for your generousity and hospitality. I have some new favorite things ...Tim Horton's rocks...best damn coffee on the N.American continent and that thing called a Poutine...thats off the charts...for those who dont know ..its French fries smothered in brown gravy and topped either curd cheese or Mozzerella. That was off the charts...WOW!
    I have some pics to post as well. The weather was close to 65*f and was picture perfect skies...We all stopped at Tim Horton's for a spot of lunch and an iced Cappucino. In the parking lot were many bikes mostly weekend warrior harley dudes.We had the cooles bikes there with the exception of one classic naked Gold Wing(not pictured).

One hour after our ride and Max was so happy he was beside himself... Literally... OMG! I have never seen him dis-assembled so quickly...ah better days are coming Eh?

To be continued for the Next 27 years...
    Last edited by Ken Talbot; 03-30-2009, 09:37 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

I must have missed something. Why was your bike disassembled? I saw a pic you posted recently and Max looked pretty darn good.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      I must have missed something. Why was your bike disassembled? I saw a pic you posted recently and Max looked pretty darn good.
      Thanks Phil pictures lie...LOL he is getting a frame off resto...mostly engine painting and all the dull metal shined up...also brake rebuild and some electrical gremlins and a rear main seal leak to be fixed. and the Jardine exhaust headers paint is really sucky. I drove thru two hours of rain and the freaking pipes are rusty! So they'll get painted too.
      Last edited by madmax-im; 03-29-2009, 10:23 PM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

and a rear main seal leak to be fixed.
        I know what that is on a truck... but what is it on a bike?

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
          I know what that is on a truck... but what is it on a bike?

Tod
          Middle drive gear seal...sorry for the confusion...my brain was a little fried after my drive home(7 hrs)
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I couldn't make it out to Jim's. There's just too much going on household wise. A full week out work and I really did not get a lot done on the bike. OH WELL .. in a few very short weeks the weather should be good for the painting i want to do and then she will go together as fast as I can bolt the parts on her. I think next spring I will move my holidays a few weeks back. Like mid April.
            Jim .. I will have to make a run out to your place one day this week after work.
            Rob
            KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
            1978 XS500E
            1979 XS1100F Restored
            1980 XS1100 SG
            1981 Suzuki GS1100
            1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
            1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hey rob if its for the sync stuff i will run it in to you let me know when you are home and i will drop by after dinner one night

Jim
              http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Canadian Addictions

Watch out for that Tim Horton's (Timmy's). It is addictive. Timmy's coffee and hockey are the only reason this country isn't completely desserted in the winter. Quebec invented poutine to kill off the rest of the provinces.
                I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
                  Watch out for that Tim Horton's (Timmy's). It is addictive. Timmy's coffee and hockey are the only reason this country isn't completely desserted in the winter. Quebec invented poutine to kill off the rest of the provinces.
                  tell me abt that addiction ...yesterday on the way home I stopped in and got me a large coffe to go and I was cranked for at least the next 220 miles...next time at Timmy's I will be buying a pound of it to bring home...as for the poutine...yeah blame it on the French...they just want to kill off their opposition to their separtist movement...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey Ben maybe it was a bad thing to get you in to timmys coffee its a dam long drive for you to get a coffee now . As for the POUTINE that the only good thing that came out of Quebec LOL.

Jim
                    http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ossjughead View Post
                      Hey Ben maybe it was a bad thing to get you in to timmys coffee its a dam long drive for you to get a coffee now . As for the POUTINE that the only good thing that came out of Quebec LOL.

Jim

Poutine and an Empty moving van
                      2-79 XS1100 SF
                      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Tim Horton's Poutine

I think most would back me up on this, for some unknown reason making timmy's at home just isn't the same. Lots have tried. I think that it must have something to do with the cups. If tim's starts selling poutine we are all doomed. When we are gone, this country would make a great back yard for the USA. Just keep an eye on the french neighbours. Rick
                        I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Lemmings

There's a Timmies 4 blocks from my place, it's the busiest one in the city.
                          Most times there's up to 40 cars lined up outside their drive-thru window with the line-up's tail end spilling out onto the street making a traffic hazard.
                          Up to 30 minutes sitting in a car inching forward waiting for a cup of indifferent coffee.
                          Jayzus, what a bunch of maroons.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Well its too late for me as I am addicted to Timmy's...and I did save the cup...LOL maybe if I make it at home and use the cup it'll be close to what I had... If the french want to be French send 'em back to France...they act like they are so elite with their noses up in the air. I 've had people tell me how friendly Canadians are until they go to Quebec. If you dont speak French they just ignore you. In my short time visiting I noticed that 50% of all the drivers speeding had Quebec license plates...the remainder were New Yawkers
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                              - - - If the French want to be French send 'em back to France...they act like they are so elite with their noses up in the air. I 've had people tell me how friendly Canadians are until they go to Quebec. If you dont speak French they just ignore you. - - -
                              Hi 'Max,
                              almost all Quebecois are secretly bilingual, you just have to know how to deal with them.
                              If you go up to one and say:-
                              "Can you please tell me where the washroom is in this building?"
                              They will sneeringly babble at you in Frogspeak.
                              OTOH, go up to that same person and say:-
                              "Pardonny mwah Mongsewer, vooly voo dyrectez mwah dee lar sally dez homz?"
                              They will smile and say:-
                              "Sure thing Mac, it's down there on the left."
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X