No announcement yet.

heat gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used one of these from "Top Flight" for many years now and it still works great. You should be able to find one at your local hobby store.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHZ16&P=ML

Larry
    Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
    82 XJ1100
    80 XS1100G (Project bike)
    64 Yamaha YA-6
    77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
    See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
      I've got 3 name-brand grinders in a drawer (Milwaukee, Makita, Bosch), all with bad switches and the replacement parts are $25-40 each. The switches seem to last about 1-2 years..... do the math.

'78E original owner

Hey Steve,

I had a cheaper 4" grinder that had a switch go bad. I bought another grinder from HF because they were on sale, but I also went to RS and got a 120V single pole, on/off switch and wired and zip tied it into place replacing the OEM switch. It works just fine, not as pretty, but stays on. IIRC, the older switch was a variable current style to allow variable speeds, but I rarely used it spinning slowly, so full speed gets the job done. I didn't know how to wire in a variable speed switch, nor could I find one, or at least an inexpensive one, vs. getting an OEM replacement like you quoted for $20-30!
      JAT! T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
        Try Ebay,,,,they are all made in China no matter which brand you get. I got one for 14.00 and it works great. - - - ,Mike in S.Diego
        Hi Mike,
        not necessarily, some electrical stuff is still made in North America.
        Mind you, I was told that one particular item came in an orange case labelled "emergency" at $50, a gray case labelled "industrial" at $35 and a black case labelled "domestic" at $27. All the cases came out of the same mould and each set of innards was identical.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hobby store

I got a good one from the hobby store that is designed for shrinking the film on RC planes. Seems it was around $20 and has served me well for about 15 yrs now...
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...