No announcement yet.

Stainless Steel Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The paper work for shipping to Canada is pretty simple but it is extra paper work for a business. I'd be happy to be the middle man for any of you north of the line people. Don't know if the added shipping would be worth it or not but that's up to you.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Originally posted by red bandit View Post
      The paper work for shipping to Canada is pretty simple but it is extra paper work for a business. I'd be happy to be the middle man for any of you north of the line people. Don't know if the added shipping would be worth it or not but that's up to you.
      Thanks for the offer to middle man it. However, I'm sure the lad at Ottawa Fastener can get what I need by special order. I just need to find the time for me to go through his catalogs. I don't like using up someones working time for such a small order. I'm only looking at perhaps a dozen items non regular stock items. They pretty much had every thing else on the shelf. It's only the fine thread pitch stuff in socket head that he didn't have. Worse case would be to use SS hex head.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I put the stainless bolts into my valve cover. It seems to look much better. I just came across the same type for my carbs so I bought a set of them as well. The bolts on my carbs look like the originals or cheap replacements. Hopefully the new stainless will look better and work out as well.

Don
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Well as it turns out there is a co-worker at the office who has family in the UK who will forward to me the SS hardware in the fine thread that I need to complete the bike in all SS socket head bolts, nuts and dome nuts. The only one I will not be able to get is the main through bolt at the lower rear of the engine but this person also has a family member who is a tool maker so there's still hope, even if slim, on that one as well.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

For that one I turned up a bar and threaded it at both ends, I decided that it didn't need the fine thread in that position and I have loctited the nuts on just to be sure. In the end I found some nice acorn nuts in stainless for the ends.

'84 Sport

Comment

Working...
            X