Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone depressed about winter and no riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 45 on Sunday in Pa. I got the bike out of the basement, fired it up and couldn't get up the hill to the street. Too much snow. We are looking at 55 Wed. I'll get stuck in the mud then. It won't be long until spring!
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

Got into the upper 40s to low 50's (Deg F) last week, had the XJ out a few times for short rides. Still to cold to comute, temps in the 20s when I leave the house. I am getting older...want at least 32 deg F when I leave home. Typically I ride the XJ on Saturday, then go snowmobiling on Sunday...

Biggest hazzard is that all the sand they put on the roads is still there, you really have to watch the corners.

Western Colorado, near Grand Junction.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

no doldrums here

In the past week i've ridden 500 miles..300 just yesterday in the nearly 70* weather...all of these miles were on my ST1100 though. The Maxim needs a new battery..cant even get a jump with the old batt...thats how shot it is.Winter is still far from being done though...but at least i'm not depressed abt it...hang in there.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Crossing the winter days off my calender. Not there yet but getting closer.

Man, do I ever have the itch to ride lately.

33 degrees F here in NH today and still lots of snow on the side of the roads. Not yet but almost....

Getting both bikes ready or should I say, Viper, the guy working on my bikes is getting them ready for me. I did the work last year but this year I thought I would avoid the costly errors.

Don
          currently own;
          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

It's a sickness

I am unwell.
            I got SAD/PMS.
            I googled SAD and got this:- http://www.electronichealing.co.uk/a...ents_guide.htm
            Googling PMS didn't find anything that was in the least relevant to parked motorcycles.
            So I can now prove to my wife that I'm not just a cantankerous old bastard after all, it's simply that time of the year, dear.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Don, I feel your pain. Down here we have the temps, but everything we got last weekend is melting. That means mud and the brine/slush/sand mix on the roads. Might as well spray acid on the bike than ride in that crap! Gonna be a week or two more before things dry out.

Comment

80 xs1100G

Comment

80 xs1100G

Comment

Actually got a sun burn on my neck and face even with a full face helmet!! Awesome weekend!! Hope everyone got a chance to enjoy.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Not I Don, I was way busy this weekend, besides I pulled the tank for bodywork and paint Friday. would've liked to ride, but this is more important that I get done now instead of in may or June. I'll have everything done soon enough, I shouldn't miss too many good days. have a nice day and ride safe
                      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Yep, much better to get it lookin right now than later Matt. Good to hear your gettin it painted.

Got mine washed up and even waxed, treated the leather, and polished the chrome. Now I'm trying to get my lower forks cleaned up. That will take some serious elbow grease though. Did get the boot marks from the PO off of the left side pipe at the sidestand though.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

I know, I know...what should I expect with it being March and living in New Hampshire? Anyway, 3-5" of snow expected today and we've got about 3" of it already.

Damn....just when I was enjoying the 50 degree F temps.

Don
                          currently own;
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

I couldn't stand it anymore so Staurday I got the old girl out of the barn. It was beautiful weather, only slightly chilly in the afternoon hours. Took a run out to Rober Moses Park on the south shore of LI. Saw a seal wandering around on the beach, he didn't seem to mind the humans at all! Now I have to wash the salt off the bike, but it was worth it to "scratch that itch". Sorry, no pics, forgot the camera

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                              I couldn't stand it anymore so Staurday I got the old girl out of the barn. It was beautiful weather, only slightly chilly in the afternoon hours. Took a run out to Rober Moses Park on the south shore of LI. Saw a seal wandering around on the beach, he didn't seem to mind the humans at all! Now I have to wash the salt off the bike, but it was worth it to "scratch that itch". Sorry, no pics, forgot the camera
                              I think I was really close to getting my bike out too. Man, am I wishing Spring would hurry up and get here. I have seen a few bikes out here lately.

Like I posted above....then the snow came this morning....back to the snowmobiles. (not saying I own a snowmobile, just saying it is their day, not the motorcyclists)

Don
                              currently own;
                              1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                              2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

snow tires for an XJ?

I am dying here, recieved my parts, new tires and putting everything together. If it hits the high 40's this weekend I am riding (slowly around corners as the sand and salt can wreck your day). I saw plants sprouting already so i have hope of warmer weather to come. Being in the wind is a sure cure for cabin fever!
                                Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Working...
                                X