please sponsor me for my cardiac rehab centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky You !

I haven't won one of those for a few years now. I do remember enjoying that relaxation needle they give you a whole bunch. Best of luck. Rick
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Jim... I am glad to hear your fundraising efforts were a success. I also hope the programme was beneficial to you as well. Take care buddy and I look forward to seeing you at XSEast!
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

[QUOTE=hamjam;

BTW I won an Angiogram for Mon am [/QUOTE]

Hi I am home from my angiogram . All went well . I'm very sore .
        fun ..wow.
        I will have to return for angioplasty in at least two or maybe three arteries
        Jim
        Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
        Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
        and SOXS
        2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Originally posted by hamjam View Post
          Hi I am home from my angiogram . All went well . I'm very sore .
          fun ..wow.
          I will have to return for angioplasty in at least two or maybe three arteries
          Jim
          Holy Moly...that dont sound that good...however it could be far worse. Angioplasty isn't nearly as invasive as open heart surgery. I recall my father way back in the mid-70s' as he had a triple bypass...It saved his life but the trauma from the surgery was the worst thing to overcome.
          So have the procedure done...would they do all 3 arteries at the same time? I've heard many comments about Canadian health care as being slow or unresponsive to patients needs in a timely manner.I hope they dont have you wait too long...Take care my friend
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi BNE
            the arteries that they are going to "fix" are the ones from my bypass, starting to plug up a bit but I don't know how long I will be keeping this heart ,I'm on the transplant list but this won't wait . My dealings with our health care is really positive . You get what you need when you need it.I was tested ten days ago six month checkup , was tested last Mon.for "something didn't look right" today I had the angiogram ,showed the problem next week I get it fixed .The transplant process is longer but I have more issues that take longer .
            I have had 3 angiograms, 4 angioplasty's, a stent , a pacemaker defibrillator implanted , a bi ventricular pacemaker implanted and am on the transplant list and it's cost me $5 so far for an ambulance ride
            I hope to see you soon
            < joins index fingers and moves hands up and down>
            Jim
            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
            and SOXS
            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

That's Just how we roll

Canadians complain alot about weather, government and the health care system. Truth is that we have a really top notch system that is free(read-paid by taxes). Each province runs it's own system but all are held to the same standard. Any system will have it's shortcomings now and then but basically if you need it you will get it regardless of personal wealth or position. We believe it is our constitutional right to the best medical care available, for free. I guess no one appreciates what you don't pay for. (until you really need it) If Jim were a millionaire he could not buy better hospitals , doctors, etc. than he is getting right now. And that's okay with the rest of us. I heard President Obama was talking about a similar system.
              I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Gee Jim I really had no idea of the extent of your heart ailments. It is good to know your health care is better than what I had been hearing. We here in this country are long overdue for the kind of health care reform that you have... At present I have no health care coverage at all...and some 40 to 50 million in this country are in the same boat. It seems it would be a cold day in h3ll before the powers that be would allow such a system to be established here in this country. Two years ago when my Mom was fading away she spent the last 8 weeks of her life hospitalized and had a couple of operations and numerous procedeures. Her total costs came close to $400000 USD. She and we were fortunate that she had military benefits like all of our elected officials in Wash D.C. Everything was paid for...! Ours is a system of haves and have nots'...just plain sucks if you're on the outside looking in. Take care my friend.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                X