No announcement yet.

xs1100 on the drag strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i did not get to hit the track on friday for my B-day, But i did rattle can paint my tank
    as far as wheelies goes... while I had the tank off, i did the RTV fix on the intake boots and cleaned my K&N air filter. after i got it all back together, it ran like chit... I put the carb sticks on it and #3&4 were way off.. synced it and man.. what a diffrence.
    in the drive way I reved it up and dumped the clutch.. low and behold.. the front tire cam about 2 ft off the ground.. Deffinately runs much better.
    Now its time to hit the track when i can get a expedition together...plus insurance and inspection... which will hopefully be soon
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

With a good running 78 Standard.... is there any risk of bringing the front end up and over taking off like that? Last time I tried wheelies was on a little 2 stroker that would quite easily scoot the back tire under the front and try to beat it down the road.
      1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

Comment

Its never been a problem with my 80 model. Just kinda lean forward a little bit. The biggest problem is after I crack third gear, and hit the third wheelie in a row, my wife is thumpin the dog snot outa the back of my head. Thank the good Lord for 85 mph speedometers. She never has a clue how fast we are going. Maybe some day I`ll outgrow such foolishness.
        JJJ

Comment

Working...
        X