Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious, has your Radio Station's format changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite station switched a few months back from heavier rock to a christian station! Talk about an eye operner. I swear I was listening to Godsmack the night before not oh praise the lord. I even yelled at my son for switching the channel. Had to say I was sorry.
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Comment

Hello, My name is John, and I was addicted to 'NewCountry" on Sirius channel 60

I am clean now 3 months, but I am not sure I will ever fully recover,
      I can never fall off the wagon, because they killed the one, and only!
      They just took New Country.... no warning....... nothing..... just GONE!
      Had it locked on New Country when I got out of the truck one Friday, Monday the world had changed, my channel 60 was now The Highway,
      almost the same 'playlist' not the DJ's, so some of 'the shows' also.... GONE
      Blended XM and Sirius is what they did, some of XM came over to Sirius,
      don't get me wrong I listern a lot of other stations,'Willie's Place, the Highway & Outlaw' Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, 60's, 70' & 80's, all 4 comedy channels even most of the talk radio channels, but New Country was .... well..... addictive

I am getting used to the change, but still miss 'Beyond the Buzz' had a lot of studio recordings of artists who had yet to sign a contract, while some of the songs wouldn't ever be played again, I heard some 'good' some 'great'

I've heard, and now truly believe, that you may give up one thing, but you replace it with another, or realize that your hooked on something else.....

HELLO, MY NAME IS JOHN

I have my Sirius on so much that I think my CB & CD's are jealous,
      shame to 'cause my CB has a built in 2 pole linear, 85 watts on low 185 on high, close to a 40 mile radio, and I have a milk crate of CD's

I have other vices, Truckin, ing, are just a couple

Oh, and then theres this whole XS thing
      1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
      "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
      My Photo Bucket

Comment

Just another place to waste your time
        http://www.theradio.com/
        '80 XS1100 SG
        Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Sat's where it's at.

I switched to satellite radio a couple of years ago, so except for some talk radio, I don't listen to the local stuff anymore.
          Fastmover
          "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
          lion". SHL
          78 XS1100e

Comment

Here in the southern end of NH and I imagine it's the same all over the state, they are stuck in a FREAKIN TIME CAPSULE!!! All they ever play is stuff from the 70's and 80's.

Then the goofballs doing the morning "comedy" sort of like TV's, "Fox and Friends", I think I'd rather slowly drive a screw driver through my knee.

Some of the Boston stations aren't all that bad if you can pick up a clear signal.

Thank God for CD's!!!

Don
            currently own;
            1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
            2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

My life is simple. When I ride, I don't listen to the radio. Winter time in the cage, I do turn it on from time to time. The ****-kickin stations are still ****-kikin - nothin else to say!

Deny
              1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
              1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

When I was living and working in Florida back around 2001 to 2006 (actually I lived down there since '85) I use to be in a car a lot for my work. I'd listen to the "Bubba the Love Sponge" show in Tampa in the morning. Man, that show really didn't need to be on in the morning but I guess if Howard Stern can be, why not Bubba.

At night, it was fun to listen to "Love Line" with Adam Carolla and Dr. Phil.

Don
                currently own;
                1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
                X