Sorry for you guys in the snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken Talbot View Post
    Hey, Phill, good to hear from you again. Though you might have dropped off the edge of the earth down there.

Took me a bit of looking, but I found a few photos in the archives at our old Yahoo site:

I'm sure there's lots of folks here have never seen these, let alone remember the Yahoo incarnation!

Hi Ken,
    I couldn't open those pages for some reason, but I see from the description they are of The Tardis upstairs here.....still in the same place. Gets a polish over every now an again. Haven't started her up for many a year now, battery died, fuel in the house etc etc.

Funnily enough I was doing a bit of a clean in the garage the other week and found some odds n sods from the machine. All of my spares I gave to Christian Raith, who is still riding his XS11 and has just returned from taking it over to the UK and Germany for some XS rally.

Christian is on Facebook (as I am) should some XS'ive be looking for spares. I have a number of brake discs that Christian can take next time he comes over here.

Had a chuckle at "Deny P's" note just after your one here on this forum, concerning soaking the carbs....Yeppppp BTDT, probably 15 years ago now, (have to reflect and gauge time from purchase of Beryl Beemer in '99). A good mate of mine loaned me his ultrasonic bath which I promptly filled with general purpose thinners and dumped all four carbs (still racked) from Tardis. Left them there overnight. The ultrasonic bath had an hour timer installed so reset that and away it went. BRILLIANT at getting all the crud outta the nooks and crannies, but all four carbs were seized solid when I took em out the next morning, due to the shaft seals swelling up

This then led to a complete strip down, and of course you always get one screw holding the butterflies to the shaft that will not budge and needs drilling out, in order to replace all 8 seals....AAAGGGGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can still hear the scream...hehehheheh

Another thing that comes to mind was getting some main jets from Smitty, ex VeeDubb...(these were some of the parts I found, still retained in a piece of cardboard he sent me, and jogged my memory to come visit you guys).

Is Manns still around?..Dave Hogue, HamJam??..hahahah some names never get forgotten...(actually emailed Chris Rawson last week...)

My normal email addy is phillward00@yahoo.com.au should any of the oldddddddder guys wanna chat.

Temps here in Sydney are now down to a reasonable high 20's deg C...mucho cooler....(Melbourne anticipates next 4 days of 40 deg C) tennis this Thursday morning (been outta work the last 4 months, so getting back into shape a little bit....work thing is a waste of my life, and a health hazard...but needed to pay the bills. Gotta couple of years to go before I can retire and get a motorhome to meander around Oz with SWMO)

cheers

Phill

78XS1100E "The Tardis" (ret)
    99K1200LT-C "Beryl Beemer"

Comment

Dang, I'll have to fix those links. Anyways, here is the shot I was actually looking for. I suppose most of us could do this for winter too "if we were so inclined"...

Ken Talbot

Comment

And here's a link to a great little video - some clowns from somewhere where they never get snow...
        Ken Talbot

Comment

2-1-2009: T'was another fine day in the Colorado high country, temps in the lower 20 deg F range, no wind:

Just me and my RX-1 out on Grand Mesa enjoying the winter weather!
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey there Phil,

You don't know me...I think, but all of the fellows you mentioned are still around albeit on the Yahoo group... XS11Plus2@yahoogroups.com , so you could look the group up, join, and then be able to chat with them via the old EMAIL way, they wanted it that way. A few occasionally visit here, but most chat on the Plus2 site, rarely if ever about bikes! They leave the tech talk to the ALLXS11s@Yahooagroups.com group!
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Rode in to work today, and the weather channel says its 11 degrees, and wind chill feels like -6 F. It was a bit nippy, that's for sure! I'm glad I have a short commute!
              Expecting 50's on Thurs. and Fri., so I'll just grin and bear it till that comes.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X