• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Cameras

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/25/2572.asp

what next???
    80 XS11 Standard Australia

I am really glad I do not live there. So you get a ticket if you have to honk your horn. I am sorry for all of you who have to suffer through that.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Maybe

It could be used to take some of those obnoxious Hardly noisemakers off the street.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Im guessing you already have fixed Speed Cameras in the US?..( here they call them''Safety Cameras''

Comment

I live between two bars on each corner and oh how I wish I had one of those right in front of my house! Especially on bike nites...
          My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

The English are leading the way in the fight against these evil fascist things!!

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

Comment

Yeah but

We Americans are just a little smarter than the Brits. We put them high enough they can't easily be vandalized.
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

But my paintball gun can reach!
                http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
                  But my paintball gun can reach!
                  Cant imagine cameras would last long in Texas?Doesnt everyone there have a gun???

Comment

I have one of each kind except a hand gun.Pellet rifle, crossbow pistol, paintball gun, SKS, Tec 9, 12 ga pump pistol grip, potato gun and some fireworks! But I don't really shoot at the cameras. I drive about 30,000+ miles a year and haven't gotten any camera tickets. They are all over the place in DFW.
                    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

GATSOs eh? Looks like the Brits know how to deal with them though. I heard that a while back some good ol' boy built himself a hydraulic powered parking meter harvester that fit in the back of his pickup. A grabber would clamp on the meter's head while a nipper sheared off the stem just below the coin box then the device would drop the thing back in the truck box. He'd drive around town at 3 AM and reap the entire crop. Of course all the cops had to do was to discover who was suddenly paying all his bills with small change to arrest him. Being a smart ol' boy he elected for a jury trial. They couldn't find 12 people in the entire State that thought he'd committed a crime.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Most of these things, be they noise cameras or speed cameras, have absolutely nothing to do with public safety, but everything to do with revenue generation through fines. That is one of the main selling point to any municipality is how to pay for the cameras.
                        Anybody notice about 10-15 years ago how the police became known as Law Enforcement Personel instead of the time honored Peace Officer?
                        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

But, where do you draw the line?

In the suburb of New Orleans where I live we have a 24-hour noise ordinance that states if a vehicle can be heard from over 12 feet away it is in violation of the ordinance. The local police stand on my corner quite often issueing tickets for expired inspection stickers. I have asked them several times to enforce the noise ordinance against the sound systems some people have that rattle my windows from a block away. They say it cannot be enforced since they have no Db measuring equipment that can distinguish between an offender and a normal vehicle sound.

We have fixed 'safety' cameras that have been online for over a year fleecing millions from motorist. The sound triggered camera is nothing more than another money grab.
                          Mike Giroir
                          79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Why have a horn if ya cant use it?

These laws are pretty stupid...but they are for revenue as others have pointed out.Saftey?My @$$...Those remote roadside speed monitors and cams are easy pickins'...they make for great target practice
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

For the most part the cameras are purely for revenue. It's all in the placement.

If they are in places where there have been many accidents then maybe they are trying to make things safe, but most are sitting in spots of opportunity, ie crests of hills, bottom of hills, etc. where people exceed the limits, briefly, but there is no real safety risk.

Sound cameras are not about safety. Noise is an annoyance issue. A-holes think they have the god given right to be obnoxious, and, as long as they want to pay the noise tax, they can.

Loud pipes only save lives if you discount the people shot every year for annoying the hell out of all those around them.
                              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
                              X