No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whenever I have trouble and do a trace, it always pings 13 times and stops at that Colorado address.
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy_b_g View Post
      Whenever I have trouble and do a trace, it always pings 13 times and stops at that Colorado address.
      You do know that's not a colorado address right? "colo" stands for "co-location" and is a common term in the industry, and almost every ISP that has hosting facilities uses that term or similar. I'm not actually sure where the ISP is located, but that "colo" in there doesn't mean it's in colorado. Typically a domain name that has a state name in it uses the USPS state abbreviation, as that allows differentiation between states that have the same first few letters.

But yes, that does seem to be the problem router, and not everybody even goes through it.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

• Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
        You do know that's not a colorado address right? "colo" stands for "co-location" and is a common term in the industry, and almost every ISP that has hosting facilities uses that term or similar. I'm not actually sure where the ISP is located, but that "colo" in there doesn't mean it's in colorado. Typically a domain name that has a state name in it uses the USPS state abbreviation, as that allows differentiation between states that have the same first few letters.

But yes, that does seem to be the problem router, and not everybody even goes through it.
        Well I don't know why it suddenly started working today, but I have tried it without a proxy every day pretty much and suddenly this afternoon (didn't work this morning) it starts working again. I am not going to complain though.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• Nope, I didn't know that...do now tho.

I haven't had any trouble for at least 3 months now though.
          Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy_b_g View Post
            Nope, I didn't know that...do now tho.

I haven't had any trouble for at least 3 months now though.
            That's good. I hadn't had any trouble for a couple of weeks, and then today it threw an error with each attempt to post anything of any size and then it stopped connecting. It's still working for now from home for now though.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

• live chat...

love this place and congrats on the new upgrades to all involved...but i would love to be able to live chat with everyone ...have and issue and chat about it then and there without haveing to post and reply ...not a computer geek so have no idea how this would be set up or if anyone knows how to get to chat like this let me know ...new to the xs and hopefully will grow grey here..lol
              windjammer gump
              bikes now own
              1981xs1100sh special
              1971 cb 350
              mini chopper project
              bikes use to own
              1978 750/four..
              1983kz1100 ltd

Comment

• [QUOTE=windjammergump;310190]love this place and congrats on the new upgrades to all involved...but i would love to be able to live chat with everyone ...have and issue and chat about it then and there without having to post and
                reply! hi maybe we should start a skype list showing all that wish to talk that way SKYPE is free !!all you need is a web-cam the one i use is a logitec an d it cost 28.00 Canadian,,ride safe all,,slow mo!
                The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                moemcnally@hotmail.com
                i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

• I am on skype. just using it as an instant messenger now but it works great.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

• not a bad idea.........got it here, good to go. Just don't use it. SWMBO does occassionally........grandkids and all. Pretty simple......even for me......
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Q!

i like skpe members of my family use it to contact relatives all over the world for free! i think a skpe list would be good idea,,you would get to talk and see each other in real time and perhaps e explain yourself better the a PM allows for ,,,i,m in,,,ride safe all and thanks ,,slow mo!
                      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                      moemcnally@hotmail.com
                      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

• Buckmaster79

Looks great thanks for the work and time.......

HAVE POWER NEED MORE RUBBER ?
                        79 SF

Comment

• Looks Awesome

Feels good to be back and look around!!

Comment

Working...
                          X