No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured out how to do what I was trying to do. All of a sudden it just jumped out at me.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

• All of a sudden it just jumped out at me.

Regards,

Scott
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Scott - I take it you followed the link? It's an oldie but a goody . It finally clicked for me why there's a bunch of highlighted text in the editing window when you insert a link. I started monkeying around with the highlighted text and got the result I was looking for. Here's a link for you that's a lot more useful - Motorcycle Specifications. Thanks for the replys.

Doug
        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

• Site Updated Feature: RSS FEEDS!!

Hey Folks,

After some consideration and consultation with the website construction GURU, we have decided to turn ON the RSS FEEDS feature of the Forums.

In IE, there is this little Icon next to the HOMEpage Icon that will now be active when you visit the forums, and you can select to subscribe to the Feeds.

Not sure how many of you will use this feature, but just wanted to inform all that it is now accessible!
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Hey TC, what the heck is RSS FEEDS?
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by laxdad View Post
              Hey TC, what the heck is RSS FEEDS?
              If you have to ask, you don't need them!!

Seriously, in your browser, find the HELP section, Contents and Index, and lookup RSS feeds, double click on it, then click on "USING" RSS Feeds, you'll get the list of desctiptions and such. I'll just keep coming to the site, too many threads to keep track of, view etc., but others have asked for this feature, like being able to subscribe and see NEW content in special threads or sections like the Social Groups, or at least I think it will work for them? I know it's setup for the Forums, but the Social groups are a separate part!
              T.C.
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                If you have to ask, you don't need them!!

Seriously, in your browser, find the HELP section, Contents and Index, and lookup RSS feeds, double click on it, then click on "USING" RSS Feeds, you'll get the list of desctiptions and such. I'll just keep coming to the site, too many threads to keep track of, view etc., but others have asked for this feature, like being able to subscribe and see NEW content in special threads or sections like the Social Groups, or at least I think it will work for them? I know it's setup for the Forums, but the Social groups are a separate part!
                T.C.
                It doesn't seem to work for the social groups, but it does work for the rest of the site. When a new post is made to a thread, I receive an update and I can read the thread through my news aggregator from home, work, or on my mobile. I'm still looking for a way to filter the updates; right now I get an update on every thread that gets posted to. I think it's a great feature, thanks for setting it up!
                I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
                3J6 003509
                Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
                Fuse Block Upgrade
                Mike's XS Green Coils
                Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

• Originally posted by egleaves View Post
                  It doesn't seem to work for the social groups, but it does work for the rest of the site. When a new post is made to a thread, I receive an update and I can read the thread through my news aggregator from home, work, or on my mobile. I'm still looking for a way to filter the updates; right now I get an update on every thread that gets posted to. I think it's a great feature, thanks for setting it up!
                  Great Something else for you to check while your driving!!

(Just Kidding, Eric hates the use of such devices while driving!)
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

• My Twitter Is Having A Major Malfunction

T.C. I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I'm not having a problem posting my insanity here but I'm not into social groups and the only thing I feed not counting myself, is feral cats.
                    81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

• Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                      Great Something else for you to check while your driving!!

(Just Kidding, Eric hates the use of such devices while driving!)
                      You got that right, Don. Whenever I see someone messing with their phone while they're driving I feel a sudden desire to plant it into the orifice furthest away from their ear.
                      I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
                      3J6 003509
                      Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
                      Fuse Block Upgrade
                      Mike's XS Green Coils
                      Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

• And yet some of us have no difficulty using the phone while driving.

But it's more fun to paint everyone with the 'I can't so you can't' brush.
                        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
                          And yet some of us have no difficulty using the phone while driving.

But it's more fun to paint everyone with the 'I can't so you can't' brush.

I can drink coffee, eat donuts, talk on the radio and smoke a cigarette while driving a 100 mph in a Crown Vic in the rain on a dark night however when I see somebody yapping on a cell phone riding about in their Yazoo cross over SUV around town I always ask myself, can that fool be that important or does he/she just like yapping on the phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Hodges View Post
                            T.C. I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I'm not having a problem posting my insanity here but I'm not into social groups and the only thing I feed not counting myself, is feral cats.
                            If you look in the upper right hand portion of the browser on any given page you'll see 5 icons in a tool bar...one looks like a house the next one is a square that looks to be orange with 3 white stripes..the next is a printer followed by page and Tools...the 2nd one ...orange box...click on that...the rest should be self explanatory
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Orange Squares & White Stripes

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                              If you look in the upper right hand portion of the browser on any given page you'll see 5 icons in a tool bar...one looks like a house the next one is a square that looks to be orange with 3 white stripes..the next is a printer followed by page and Tools...the 2nd one ...orange box...click on that...the rest should be self explanatory

5 icons, a tool bar, a house, an orange square with 3 white stripes....I'm on this quicker than Obama can say.....bail out...change has come to my computer and thanks for all you do.

I remain, a fool in South St. Louis.

Dan

Comment

• I use RSS feeds for one other site that gives me little things about cell phone technology. Most of it is junk, so I just scan it and delete it, but I think I'll try it for here, and see how I like it for a while. It automatically creates a folder in Outlook here at work, and I can scan it at my liesure.
                                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                                -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X