No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If any of the newer members have been having problems setting up a gallery, try it now, it should be working.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

• Interestingly enough, I just started looking into this thread and realized how timely I came upon channel 11. I just missed the big change when I found it, so I do not know what the change was, but I certainly appreciate all who work so hard to keep it up and going. I can speak from experience of having been involved in a similar forum for Oldsmobile racing that had some VERY knowledgable people frequenting it and providing some great info that turned into...well....some very ugly personal attacks on a consistant basis that drove everyone away. I it is great to see how even these things are handled in a very effective and non-threatening or retaliatory manner around here.

I have been searching threads and reading about all kinds of things about the XS11, and related topics. I have learned ALOT about the machine, and the inner workings of it, and I am sure I have MUCH more to learn as well. All due to some really knowledgable folks giving their time and experience to help out "shadetree" mechanics like me.

I just wanted to take this opportunity as I reflect on the year gone by and the new one in front of us to thank not only those who spent their time and efforts to create this awesome site, but also to those who share their knowledge often if not daily!!! Happy New Year, and thanks!!!
      Last edited by DGXSER; 01-01-2009, 01:05 PM.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

• I havn't been on the forum site for quite some time now and I do have to say, The new forum site looks great.
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

• Two problems...

I'd mentioned one of them before. It's not really a biggie, but when you click on your contacts and friends, there's a check mark that says "Show avatars". If you uncheck that to make the page smaller and click on save changes.. it doesn't save the changes.

The other one that is kind of major to me personally, is if I sign in, the new posts in threads that I haven't seen are hilighted in a darker color. If I sign out without reading these, then sign back in, those posts aren't hilighted any more. So basically, these posts that are hilighted are just threads that have new posts since my last log on, with no bearing of wether I've read them yet or not. Is there any way to change it back so it's like an Email.. where it only changes the bolder colors if you've actually clicked on that thread to read it? That's how it used to be, and I sure prefered that.

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
            I'd mentioned one of them before. It's not really a biggie, but when you click on your contacts and friends, there's a check mark that says "Show avatars". If you uncheck that to make the page smaller and click on save changes.. it doesn't save the changes.
            From what I can tell, the "save changes" button only applies to weather on not you add/remove friends from the list...not weather you're displaying avatars or not. Kinda strange. I've been poking around the vBulletin forums to see if anyone has a workaround for this. Haven't found one so far.

Originally posted by trbig View Post
            The other one that is kind of major to me personally, is if I sign in, the new posts in threads that I haven't seen are hilighted in a darker color. If I sign out without reading these, then sign back in, those posts aren't hilighted any more. So basically, these posts that are hilighted are just threads that have new posts since my last log on, with no bearing of wether I've read them yet or not. Is there any way to change it back so it's like an Email.. where it only changes the bolder colors if you've actually clicked on that thread to read it? That's how it used to be, and I sure prefered that.

Tod
            I just changed to "mark read" options to be a true indicator of weather you've read new posts as opposed to the way it was doing it before (it was based on cookie sessions - basically marking things read since your last visit). Hopefully that should eliminate that issue.

Another way to handle that, that I've been using, is to subscribe to the thread. Once subscribed, new posts will show up when you go to your control panel. It will list all the subscribed threads that have had changes since your last visit. Now that I've changed the "mark read" handling, those subscribed threads should stay there until you actually read them.

It may take some time for the database to catch up to what you've actually read. Let me know how it's working.

Wes
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Lately when I click on the little checkmark thing that's supposed to take you to the last post in the thread it does not work. I land right back on post #1. It's a real pain. Happening to anyone else?
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

• Hey Dean,

What Wes said above was that he RESET the threads that have been read, using a new type of marker, so that any and all threads for everyone will NOW be set to UNREAD, and that's why it's taking you back to #1. Clicking on the arrow of the last person that posted to that thread will take you to the end of the thread, and you can browse backwards to when you were last around. THEN when you're done reading all the threads you want to read in that forum, click on the Forum Tool to MARK THIS FORUM READ, and then it'll be set, so that the next time you visit, you'll be taken to only the threads and posts/replies that you haven't read since the last time you visited!

I had to go into every Forum and then click on the Mark Forum Read Tool, for several of the ones that I don't necessarily view, like rallies for northwest and parts for sale, etc..
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• I never deal with individual forums. All I've ever done is hit new posts, read what I want, (not returning to the beginning of the thread), and I'm done.
                  Also get the heads up via email to any new posts to threads I'm subscribed to.
                  Never have had to mark anything read or go back to individual forums for any reason. It was simple, simple!
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

• Possible problems with Private Messages?

Hey Wes,

I haven't tried to send a PM yet, but I encountered a problem when I came to the site tonight. I had a PM notification showing, and when I click on the drop down, and selected to go to the Unread Private Message, I got this on the next screen!
                    Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
                    I'll try to go to my usercontrol panel and access it that way, but wanted to let you know. I was already logged in and everything!
                    Okay, I tried the back button, no go. I tried to go directly to the UserCP, and got same message, so I can't even access to send pm's and such. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem? I don't know if this is a Vbulletin message, or even an IE7 one? I had gotten some upgrades, and MS's antiphishing web site filter was part of that, but it even halts on MS's own HOTMAIL.com site!? So...I had turned it off before I came to XS11.com.
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                      I never deal with individual forums. All I've ever done is hit new posts, read what I want, (not returning to the beginning of the thread), and I'm done.
                      Also get the heads up via email to any new posts to threads I'm subscribed to.
                      Never have had to mark anything read or go back to individual forums for any reason. It was simple, simple!
                      It might take it a little bit to catch up, but it was definitely worth changing. I hadn't realized how many posts I was missing due to the new ones expiring before I'd read them. Everything seems to be jiving well now.

There's so many freakin' settings on these new boards. That's one I wish I had known about early on.

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                      Hey Wes,

I haven't tried to send a PM yet, but I encountered a problem when I came to the site tonight. I had a PM notification showing, and when I click on the drop down, and selected to go to the Unread Private Message, I got this on the next screen!

I'll try to go to my usercontrol panel and access it that way, but wanted to let you know. I was already logged in and everything!
                      Okay, I tried the back button, no go. I tried to go directly to the UserCP, and got same message, so I can't even access to send pm's and such. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem? I don't know if this is a Vbulletin message, or even an IE7 one? I had gotten some upgrades, and MS's antiphishing web site filter was part of that, but it even halts on MS's own HOTMAIL.com site!? So...I had turned it off before I came to XS11.com.
                      T.C.
                      Hmm, that's really weird. It's possible that somehow your cookie got corrupted in some way or another. Have you tried logging out and then back in again? That should reset the cookie.

mmmm, cookies
                      80 XS1100SG
                      81 XS400SH

Comment

• Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                        Lately when I click on the little checkmark thing that's supposed to take you to the last unread post in the thread it does not work. I land right back on post #1. It's a real pain. Happening to anyone else?
                        Looks like it's working correctly now. Much better!
                        80 SG
                        81 SH in parts
                        99 ST1100
                        91 ST1100

Comment

• Moving "sent messages" to another folder

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row but the darn things keep flying off...

I can transfer incoming PMs to a different folder... but not sent messages...
                          Can this be changed?

or do I need to just save the sent messages to my computer and keep my ducks here at home?
                          81 SH Something Special
                          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

• Damn, sorry...I didn't see this until now.

Sadly it doesn't appear there are any options for moving sent messages. I guess you will have to save them.
                            80 XS1100SG
                            81 XS400SH

Comment

• Congrats on the new and improved site!, I liked the old one but this one is even better!

Thanks to all who worked so hard, job well done!
                              '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

• Can I suggest that, if possible, you remove the 'post reply' button on the message edit page?

I end up typing all my replies 2 or 3 times because I hit that stupid post reply button instead of the tiny, pale SAVE one!
                                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
                                X