No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything works with the new site for me. I use several different windows versions and different internet browsers and have no problems.
    I'm not putting a damper on the work that went into this new site but it looks like every other group forum/site I belong to. The previous site was unique and different.
    I'm sure this site will be easier to maintain and that is a good thing. The people and information is the same and that is even better.

Is J.P. still around? I still get birthday reminders from the old xs11 yahoo site every year.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

• Wow

This thing is almost as pretty as my bike. Kudos to all that had a hand in it.
      J.D."Jack" Smith
      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
      1978E straight job
      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        Hey Wes,

I didn't do a search in this thread but I thought the site was optimized for several browsers including FireFox, but in the TECH DISCUSSION forum, the thread by Randy about slow starters and grounds, the photo he posted isn't showing up for folks using FIREFOX?

I can see it in IE, and a few folks switched to IE and they can see it, but are wondering IF this is a bug in the site structure, can it be EASILY fixed, or what are the fixes that users of FireFox can do to see the embedded photos?
        T.C.

It took a while to figure that one out. When Randy posted the link to the image he used this link:

http://home.ptd.net\~theragos\ground.jpg

If you'll notice, the slashes are incorrect on everything after "http://"

IE apparently looks to see if the slashes are in the correct format and corrects them if they are not. Firefox does not. So the image was showing up correctly in IE, since it was fixing the link automatically.

Once I fixed the post the pic shows up fine.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

• Poll Result Graphs and Default Thread Depth

The poll result graphs are missing sections from each end instead of showing a solid bar all the way across. Is it a new presentation format; my forum display settings are hosed; both of my browsers are broken; all of the above?

Is there a way to set the default thread depth displayed? I can set the number of messages per screen in Linear mode but, when using Threaded and Hybrid viewing modes, the default thread depth displayed per screen is too shallow. I have to switch to Linear mode to follow longer threads, losing the thread, or click through a bunch of screens telling me there are more, (and more, and more, and more and more, and... you get the idea) messages and 'drill down' far enough in the thread to get the threaded view.

Regards,

Scott
          -- Scott
          _____
          ♬
          2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
          ♬

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
            The poll result graphs are missing sections from each end instead of showing a solid bar all the way across. Is it a new presentation format; my forum display settings are hosed; both of my browsers are broken; all of the above?

Is there a way to set the default thread depth displayed? I can set the number of messages per screen in Linear mode but, when using Threaded and Hybrid viewing modes, the default thread depth displayed per screen is too shallow. I have to switch to Linear mode to follow longer threads, losing the thread, or click through a bunch of screens telling me there are more, (and more, and more, and more and more, and... you get the idea) messages and 'drill down' far enough in the thread to get the threaded view.

Regards,

Scott
            I have increased the depth of the threaded view 3x. Can't say I've ever used it myself, but after setting this up I can see where it would be handy.

Yeah, the poll bars are fried. It's actually adding space between the 3 imagesthat make up the bar. Nothing in the page code to explain it. I'm hoping I get an answer about it from vBulletin in the next day or so.
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Thanks, it's not just me and I can leave my system settings alone.

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____
              ♬
              2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
              ♬

Comment

• Looks Great!

Thanks for all of the hard work put in by all of you to get this new site rolling!
                Hi...my name is Mike, and I'm a lane-splitter.
                '80 XS1100SG (mine)
                '87 CMX450C Rebel (daughter's first bike)

Comment

• Well, the fine folks at vBulletin pointed me in the right direction and I'm happy to say the poll bars are right again.

CSS gives me headaches.

There's only a few things left to have it all wrapped up, I think. Very soon I will be redoing the photo gallery and moving it to the forums "User Albums" feature.

There will be an announcement about that soon.
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Comment

• It's nice to see the new look.

Congrats on the new look! It's awesome. I have not visited the site for awhile and it's great seeing the new format. I also got busy and posted some pics of my bike. http://www.xs11.com/members/member-p...g2_itemId=5398 I hope you can check them out. It would be great to see more pics of everyones bikes.

Keep up the great work guys your doing great.
                    '65 Yamaha 80cc YG-1
                    '67 Yamaha 350cc R-1
                    '79 Kawasaki KZ-1000
                    '82 Yamaha XJ-1100
                    '86 Harley FXSTC 1340cc
                    Sold the Harley and kept the XJ
                    '82 XJ Guy

Comment

• I'm not seeing where we can view our subscribed threads. Can we with the new site?
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                        I'm not seeing where we can view our subscribed threads. Can we with the new site?
                        Hey Dean ...go to user CP and look in the headings on the left side of the page..."List Subsriptions" its always been there
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• thanks Ben, that was easy...

Geez, we have some time on our hands, don't we..
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

thanks Ben, that was easy...

Geez, we have some time on our hands, don't we..
                            Dunno abt you but I aint workin...so I'm sellin stuff I have a bunch of parts off my '81 XS1100SH...look for my post in parts forsale...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Half time since July due to large cutbacks.. Took advantage of it in the summer, but in this crappy weather it's a different story.
                              I too have a complete SH with a frozen engine. Have thought about selling stuff off for a couple years but always come back to thinking that it's better to have all those spare parts just in case.
                              80 SG
                              81 SH in parts
                              99 ST1100
                              91 ST1100

Comment

Half time since July due to large cutbacks.. Took advantage of it in the summer, but in this crappy weather it's a different story.
                                I too have a complete SH with a frozen engine. Have thought about selling stuff off for a couple years but always come back to thinking that it's better to have all those spare parts just in case.
                                Thats was my reasoning too...but the fact is I have nothing coming in and so I gotta try and off load this stuff...its just collecting dust.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X