No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. I wont worry about em then. They did not seem to affect anything but I was wondering if it was maybe something I had done. Thanks
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I am happy to announce the links section is finally working!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Thankyou for that Wes,

And I would also like to mention that the DONATE to XS11.com applet is also now up and working, on the main home page. A few folks had commented about that, and Wes was also able to get it up and running.

So....if folks feel that the site has been of some help and assistance to them, then a modest gesture is always welcome and can help ensure that this site continues to Xist!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

No Graphic Header

Hi All:

Is it just me, or is the graphic at the top of the page MIA?
          It appears on the home page, but not on the Forum pages.
          If it is down, I hope it is to add more standards instead of all the specials!

John
          John
          Now: '78 XS1100E 750 FD Mod (Big Dog)
          '81 CB900C ( 10 Speed)
          '78 CB750F ( The F)
          '76 CB400F ( The Elf)
          New '82 Honda MB5 Ring Ding
          Then: '76 CB550K
          '78 CB750F
          '84 VF1100S
          And still Looking!

Comment

Originally posted by jjwaller View Post
            Hi All:

Is it just me, or is the graphic at the top of the page MIA?
            It appears on the home page, but not on the Forum pages.
            If it is down, I hope it is to add more standards instead of all the specials!

John
            I'm trying to figure that out myself....

Edit: There, all better now....
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Xcellent job on the new site!!!!! Me like

One thing, where's the button to open the drink holder, you know, the one with the silver coaster already in it
              Ernie
              79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
              (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

EXcellent!

Great job guys and gal. Love the look of the new site and it seems to be alot easier to navigate.

Yes, the donation applet is working....I have used it already and challenge everyone else to try it out. Go ahead and click, its fun and you are insuring that this great site continues.
                Mike Giroir
                79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Symbols after names of who's online!?

Hey Wes,

I and others have noticed that occasionally there are symbols shown after a username on the main forum page showing who's online.

They are (*) and (+), I think I figured out the (+), one was a username that was in MY friends/contacts list, the other names were not and didn't show a (+) after them.

I checked the Forums FAQ's, but it doesn't say anything about them??
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham

Comment

You are correct sir, the + is someone in your friends list.

I'm not sure what the others are...looking it up now.
                    80 XS1100SG
                    81 XS400SH

Comment

• JW, TC, Wildkat and anyone else that was involved thanks for a great and seamless (for me) transition. I have no problems and I use the cursed Vista on my laptop with no trouble. Including uploading photos. I was only able to do one as I didn't reduce the size and used up most of the one MB or is it mb.
                      http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Great job, y'all!

Special thanks to Topcat who was my connection reguarding my desire to change my "handle." On top of everything else going on, he did it for me! Muchas gracias! Great job guys!!!
                        Special Ed
                        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

• Once I got logged in,a few tries, all works fine,most e mail notifications now come into my spam mail but not all...probably an AOL thing.Like the new site tho...
                          Bill
                          '80 XS1100 SG
                          Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

• Hey Wes,

I didn't do a search in this thread but I thought the site was optimized for several browsers including FireFox, but in the TECH DISCUSSION forum, the thread by Randy about slow starters and grounds, the photo he posted isn't showing up for folks using FIREFOX?

I can see it in IE, and a few folks switched to IE and they can see it, but are wondering IF this is a bug in the site structure, can it be EASILY fixed, or what are the fixes that users of FireFox can do to see the embedded photos?
                            T.C.
                            T. C. Gresham

Comment

• I was just surfing throught the tech tips, and there appear to be a lot of graphic's that are no longer linked properly. Just blank boxes showing up.
                              I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

• Hey DB,

You were probably surfing thru the FORUM tech tips, and those did get lost due to using OFF SITE links from other members contributing, BUT I harvested the photos and put them into the SITE tech tips accessed from the drop downs at the top of the web page, and most of the photos ARE THERE! Since we were putting the NEW site up, I didn't bother resetting the photo links in the old FORUM threads!
                                T.C.
                                T. C. Gresham

Comment

Working...
                                X