No announcement yet.

A cold ride this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually all joking aside maybe something from the snowmobile world. Mabye there is something thats not bulky. Just an idea
    XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
    Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

Another thing I've seen here in Utah. there is a guy that works on base that drives a VW trike year round. He puts moto-cross brush guards, to divert the wind, on his handle bars in the colder months. Just a thought.
      Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHITE...QQcmdZViewItem
      Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
      Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
      while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Derwat put heated handlegrips, ala snowmobile on his SF.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Hippo hands work well and are not hard to make yourself, or you can find them in most ATV catalogs. A real concern to me is if it is 37 degrees in the morning and it is always colder just before dawn then it was probably close to or below freezing so watch for ice, especially in the shadows and underpasses.
          Fastmover
          "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
          lion". SHL
          78 XS1100e

Comment

I use a pair of knit gloves inside my leather gloves. Has kept me warm in rides as cool as 24 deg F.

The knit gloves not only keep your hands warm but, when inside the leathers, provide for an 'air' pocket between the two gloves thus, providing an insulating factor.

JAT
            1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
            1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
            1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
            1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
            2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Working...
            X