This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alabama-al
    Is politics against the rules? Just because he sees things differant than you, you jump on him?
    There are places for political discussion, mainly because no one wins in a political argument, and many times it gets heated and just pisses people off for the sake of it.

Winterhawk has been on many a board with his views, including The Venturers MC that we both belong to. He is a very intelligent guy, actually very nice, but he knows how to get the pot stirring and does it quite well. Many times I think he says certain things just to bug people, but I have never seen him condone the separation of our country.

OBTW, just because he sees things different than others doesn't mean the others can't express their feelings also....which is the whole problem with political discussions. It got so rowdy at The Venturers that people were leaving the The Venturers because of these disagreements having nothing to do with motorcycling, but just making people angry. So we created a separate topic area, accessible by request only, to keep all this drivel in one place and out of the general forum. It has been very successful! The Venturers MC is a much happier place to be now.
    BobE
    Richmond, RI
    1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
    2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
    1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
    1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
    1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
    1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
    1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

I am a bit confused. Is this the same Ron Paul that believes he was abducted by aliens or is it the other Ron Paul that is the black transvestite actor from the later ninetys?
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I think you may mean Ru Paul. Hell, vote for Ron Paul or Ru paul. Just as long as you vote

RU Paul 2008 JOIN THE REVOLUTION

Just jokin'
        Last edited by barberad; 09-28-2008, 02:04 PM.
        Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
        Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
        while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Get over it. This is the lounge. As we speak Vermont is trying to succeed from the Union because of the Fascists running things.

http://www.alternet.org/story/50056/

Now BU$H wants Executive Powers over the banks.

It's not the votes that count but who counts the votes.
          "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Didn't the Civil War start over slavery? The right to own slaves? I know there were a lot of slaves freed after the Civil War and the defeat of the Confederacy. Are you proposing the ownership of slaves once again? Where are you going to get these slaves to do your work? Are you going to send slave ships over to Africa again? I'm just curious is all........but just remember, this country didn't achieve it's greatness until long after the Civil War and slavery was abolished. This country became the greatest in the world through hard work, tough times, and NO taxes.
            My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

It's not too late

you can still all be forgiven.
              if it be the will of the people Her Majesty will issue a blanket pardon to all who were involved in the rebellion of 1776 and the rule of British law can be re-established and the population of the self-styled USA can once more flourish under the advantages of a constitutional Monarchy.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

BobE, I think Winterhawk is on to something! He IS correct about the vote counters, look at the FIRST bush election. The biggest thing we are trying to do here is keep this forum open, but civil. The problem with politics, as you have noted, is that some people get very serious and or offended easily. We are just trying to keep this great group of people together, and civil. It won't do if I end up pissed off at someone, and THEN meet them face to face and find out we get along great! By that time, it may be too late....
                Just my take on things...
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

If y'all want to destroy America, move to North Korea or Iran. I think you will find a lot of sympathisers there
                  put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                  79 F (Blueballs)
                  79 SF (Redbutt)
                  81 LH (organ donor)
                  79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                  76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                  rover has spoken

Comment

Re: It's not too late

Originally posted by fredintoon
                    you can still all be forgiven.
                    if it be the will of the people Her Majesty will issue a blanket pardon to all who were involved in the rebellion of 1776 and the rule of British law can be re-established and the population of the self-styled USA can once more flourish under the advantages of a constitutional Monarchy.
                    Fred, Everyone knows the only reason we haven't annexed canada yet is, if we did, somehow the US government would screw up the secret to your guy's great 6-7.5% beer
                    Dan
                    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Re: Re: It's not too late

Originally posted by barberad

Fred, Everyone knows the only reason we haven't annexed canada yet is, if we did, somehow the US government would screw up the secret to your guy's great 6-7.5% beer
                      Dan
                      Actually in January 2007 BU$H illegally signed in to law the North American Union. Combining Canada the United States and Mexico into one Country.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=50719
                      "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

This is done, thanks for listening.
                        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X