Fall Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don:

You covered quite a bit of ground. I was at Sand Dunes in August, rode through the Colorado Monument about a month ago. Had hoped to get out again this weekend, but forecast is for 4 - 6 inches of snow above 9K feet (about 2K less than the top of Grand Mesa) and rain + wind for us here in the lower elevations. Looks like the fall riding may be quickly coming to a close.

At any rate, I made a few changes and additions to the gallery web page http://gallery.me.com/jerryfields#10...w=mosaic&sel=0
    which may be the last of the year.
    If you plan to get down this way again let me know as I would like to join in if possible.

To the group as a whole...Best riding for fall colors is generally the last 2 weeks of September into the first 2 weeks of October. I've mentioned the possibility of a rally during this time, but response has always been lukewarm. However, if anyone plans to ride western Colorado in the fall, let me know! A great place to base out of is Durango.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I posted a couple of others in the Ride Report section.

Don

[IMG]

currently own;
      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Very Nice,

Jerry. Thanks for sharing.

Really takes me back to the days of my first XS11. Approaching winter weather is cutting short the time to ride and see the Aspens turning though.

A nice blast up Ute Pass, thru Hartzel and across South Park through Fariplay and up to the Brekenridge Brewery would be just PERFECT. Can't forget quick stop on the way back at Alma's Only. Yup ... Nice.
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Fall colors

Hers's a couple from back home...

Letchworth State Park in Upstate NY

On a country road near home....
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

heres a purty pic of New Zealands South Island-West Coast....(its usually raining...) Definately Hobbit country
            80 XS11 Standard Australia

Comment

Don
              currently own;
              1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
              2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Just came back from a family vacation trip to the midwest, love the colors. Here are a couple more:

Did not take a lot of photos, tree above was in a rest area. SWMBO has family in the LaCrosse area, very nice colors along the Mississippi and through Coulee country!
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                X