No announcement yet.

i ALMOST went down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest water baloons filled with brake fluid haha.. might as well melt the paint off their hood if your gonna toss something back there.. Once, people kept hitting my herbie curbie( dumpster) when it was at the end of my driveway.. I placed a shallow tinfoil pan on top and put a few quarts of brake fluid in it. hahaha.. of course that night someone hit it again. hahaha.. never happenend again. Hey at least I didnt fill it up with water or even better cement..
    XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
    Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

Years ago, A big crazy buddy of mine was on his xs, that one day became mine, and a 18 wheeler tried to run him off the road. He drove up beside the cab and started yelling at him and he wouldn't look over! So he followed him until he stopped, ran up to the cab and he locked the doors and smiled at him, he freaked and beat up the truck, ripped his rear views off and punched out his headlights. I've got about 20 more, he has alittle anger problem, but never a dull moment!!
      79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
      80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
      80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
      79 DT 100

Comment

OK

When you are riding a bike road rage is like taking a knife to a gun fight, relax ,calm down and enjoy the day.

Doug
        Doug Mitchell
        82 XJ1100 sold
        2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
        2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
        1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
        47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Re: OK

Originally posted by mitch
          When you are riding a bike road rage is like taking a knife to a gun fight, relax ,calm down and enjoy the day.

Doug
          I am counting to 10 as I write this

Seriously, Riding has taught me more control over myself. I have a tendency to think I am 8 ft tall and invincible, rather than 5'10" and squishy.
          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by trbig

A few of us are going up for bike night TUESDAY to Norman at the Santa Fe Steakhouse. Feel like trying to make that one? Nobody is going to mess with your bike, and there is supposed to be several of us. Chop and Dabubble are supposed to be coming again.

Tod
            What happened? I showed up last night and you and chop were nowhere to be found! There was one other XS11 there that I parked by but he was unfamiliar with this site. I did have a blast though because my bike drew a crowd. Twice when I walked back over to it, people were taking pictures. One guy that had a V65 said he'd always wanted to do something like that. I told him to go for it that it wasn't that hard.

Ok now to tie into the "almost went down" theme....the joker on the V65 I guess had something to prove and almost ran over me. I got on it a little when leaving (of course) wrapped up 1st and 2nd then coasted in third and all of a sudden I hear screaching tires and the V65 guy comes sliding around me in the left (oncoming) lane. I didn't even know he was behind me! Now I know he wants to play so at the next stop light he makes a run on me. I rolled on and wound out 2nd and he couldn't pass me! I don't know if mine was running really good and his really bad or what but he gave me a thumbs up of respect as we parted ways.

Hope to see some of you guys there next time.
            Scott
            1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
            dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
            MikesXs 35k Coils
            8mm plug wires
            42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
            (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
            Kerker 4-into-1
            Shaved emblems
            Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
            Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
            Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
            Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
            Custom Dual Headlights
            Lots of time and hard work.

Comment

Sorry i couldn't make bike night guys. Kinda had to work tuesday. Damn job. But yeah i will try and make the next one. I can't wait till it stops raining so i can pull the bike out again!

My boss heard about my incident and gave me a retractable baton and told me the next time it happend to pull up next to the guy and start taken out windows and body panels. Cause it's not like they can catch me anyways. Course this is the same guy that used to run collections for drug dealers in dallas! hahaha! He's a good guy now tho.
              Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Everybody that was coming with me wussed out because of the weather. Another one *Cough Chop* had a brain fart and thought it was THURSDAY. I would have rode up anyway just for dinner and a beer if I thought anyone else would be there. PM me your phone number so I can call next time if you don't mind.

The hurricane remnants are probably going to be in town next Tuesday. But if the weather looks like it will hold.. I'll be there. Was there as many bikes there as there is on Thursdays? Thursdays are tough for me to make.

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own