i ALMOST went down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i ALMOST went down...

So me and pop are riden to the chuck house for some grub. And we cruise westbound down 10th street. ANd this jackass in a blazer with no side mirror and a busted front bumper gets in the lane next to me. Well i didn't think much of it cause he made eye contact with me so i know he saw me.

But as we go down the street we come up on portland (intersecting street for those who aren't familiar with oklahoma). Well the lane he was in only turns right i was in the lane going straight and pop was in the lane next to me going staight. Well halfway thru the intersection this PRICK jumps over into my lane. Now i'm 6'1 190lbs i'm not very big but i'm thick and i look kinda mean on a bike. And pop's 6'5 320 lbs and loves confrentation. So when he cuts me off i shut'er down. Well the back tire comes out from underneath the bike and i feel it start to lay down so i gas it a quick second and the tire grips and yanks back up striaght and i grab a gear and gas it.

Well 30 feet from the intersection i see this idiot parking. IT'S FREAKEN ON! At this point. So i pull in and tell him what a stupid move that was and he needs to learn how to drive. He then proceeds to tell me that i should watch out for him cause he's bigger then i am and that i should just assume that im not seen.

Now i'm not gonna be that nieve to think every1 see's me. But i made EYE CONTACT with this guy 100ft before the incident. And now he's tellen me this. So before i could even get my helmet off pop walks up and pushes the guy back about 10 ft and threatens to kick the crap out of him. When the guy realizes what hit him he apologized and said he was sorry and asked if i wanted his insurance to pay for damages if any.

The moral of the story get a big mean guy to ride with you so you aren't out numbered! lol.

It sucked. Needless to say i had to change my shorts when i got home!

But i didn't go down and the bike is perfectly fine. Just a little more cautious around everyone. I was cautious before but it's so much more now!

Just wanted to share that with you guys.
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Yup... they look at you.. but sometimes it doesn't register. I was just coming back from a store run a little bit ago, and a woman was on tailgating me for a while. There were two lanes, so I gifured she could go around if she wanted. She finally does... gets about 30 feet in front of me and whips back in right in front of me. I've had enough of her.. so I go for the left lane and gun it. There's a car coming on to the on ramp on the right of us, so she was nice enough to move to the left lane for them. Unfortunately, she didn't bother to do a mirror check and I just happened to be where she was going. I just stayed in the gas and went past her on the shoulder... made sure she was looking and just shook my head.

Hey Bowtie...

A few of us are going up for bike night TUESDAY to Norman at the Santa Fe Steakhouse. Feel like trying to make that one? Nobody is going to mess with your bike, and there is supposed to be several of us. Chop and Dabubble are supposed to be coming again.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey Josh,

Sorry to hear about the close call. I'm glad you didn't lay it down. My Dad taught me to pretend like I'm invisible and that NO ONE sees me because that's what they'll tell the officer after they run over you!

Todd, I've got a pretty good feeling Dabubble will be at bike night in Norman this week!
      1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
      dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
      MikesXs 35k Coils
      8mm plug wires
      42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
      (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
      Kerker 4-into-1
      Shaved emblems
      Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
      Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
      Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
      Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
      Custom Dual Headlights
      Lots of time and hard work.

Comment

Holy crap yeah i'll try and make it down there. What time is it tuesday? I work till 7 but i'd be willing to cruise down and check out some bikes and meet some people from the site. Let me know man. I'd like to roll with some people so i at least know someone there. Glad your okay man. Just thought i should share my experience with the crowd! lol.
        Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Sorry to hear about you bad experience, Glad you came out unscathed (aside from the skivies.).
          I was standing in a church parking lot talking to a friend and had a lady walk out of the building, acknowledge us, say good evening and then get in her minivan and proceed to almost back over both our bikes. I actually had to run up to that back of her Urban assault vehicle, bang on her back window and scream at the top of my lungs to get her to stop. She said she didn't see us, like thirty seconds after saying goodbye. People just do not see motorcycles, whether we're riding them or not.
          Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
          Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
          while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Well, once you put on your suit of mobile armor and turn the key on, your brain turns off. After all, what right do we as bikers have to inconvenience some inattentive scumbag with a cell phone implanted where their brain should be?

My latest one was at an intersection with NO turn lane LEFT or RIGHT. I was awaiting a gap in the cross traffic, and some jackass pulls up on my right to turn right. I normally do anything i can to get in their line of sight, so they have to wait for me to leave before they can see if its clear.

Anyway, my turn signal is indicating a left turn and another jerk comes up on my left side, to make a left turn. I am squeezed between these two people with their intelligence left at home on the mantle.

Anger management 101.

When your are starting to blow, ask your self:

Will it change anything? Yep, I was close enough to put a hell of a scratch in their cars with my pegs etc.

Is it worth it? Would have felt great to give them both the single finger salute.

Am I willing to suffer the consequences? Being smushed into a glob of fat and bad attitude between a couple of idiots with cell phones. Maybe not.

So I just pushed my bike back and let them go. Single finger salute to the guy turning right, and pulled in behind the guy that turned left. Blasted around them and farted. Hope it plugs up their cabin air filter.

I know it sucks to be on a bike and people act like you aren't there.
            Last edited by Ivan; 09-08-2008, 09:26 AM.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Glad you didnt get hurt. I swear we should be allowed to carry an RPG.
              http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

I think motorcyclists are just too nice. Have to be a bit more biker like and kick the crap out of cagers once in a while so they will watch out for us more.
                If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Originally posted by strom
                  I think motorcyclists are just too nice. Have to be a bit more biker like and kick the crap out of cagers once in a while so they will watch out for us more.
                  Exactly, fear is a much more powerful driver than some whining fools carry on about 'rights' of motorcyclists.

I was lucky enough to live in a small town (pop ~100,000) when I first started riding, There was an issue with errant drivers till a couple of news reports came out about 'big bad bikers' thumping the crap out of a few errant drivers, one of then was even about a number of uninvolved bikers turning on a car driver for running over a biker. Probelms with cars all but disappeared over night.

Unfortunately a group of bikers then went on a 'charm' campaign to prove that bikers really were very nice, mild people, and that all the trouble was only perpetuated by bikies (I have never been a bikie). Guess what? the car driver problems were back.
                  Luckily I got to snot a couple of the 'charm offensive' bikers for being such irresponsible whining crawling twats.
                  Admittedly I do live in another country now though

Comment

Wife went down two weeks back but kind of a different deal.
                    Newcastle Wy. ride, stop sign, sweeping on ramp to the left, hot as heck that day, black top with a small patch of clear oil on it.
                    Well ya get the idea and compound all that with her jack rabbit starts and down her and the 79 went. She rode it to a stop and no damage to the bike and she just got a small rub mark on her elbow. Scared the hell out of me and the other riders but not her lol.
                    Motor cop

Comment

Wife went down two weeks back but kind of a different deal.
                      I thought we were gonna have to censor you there for a minute!! lol..

Tod
                      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Scratch the cage

I was on the freeway in a left hand sweeper turn transition from one freeway to another in the #2 lane (second from left). Cage on my right just moved from the #3 lane to the lane I was in while right beside me. I have case savers with fold up highway pegs and they were folded up. The right side peg at the folding point contacted the driver's side door and though it was hard enough to seriously damage the door it wasn't enough to effect the heavy XS11 much. I immediately excellerated hard and put a long gouge in the door and left front quarter panel. He hit me hard enough that he could feel it and moved back to his lane, but not before the damage was done. I pulled over to stop, but he kept going. I'm sure when he got home and saw the damage he was upset enough to pay attention more. Probably cost him more than $1000 to repair the cage. Of course had he stopped I was ready to inflict serious damage to his face too.
                        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                        Drilled airbox
                        Tkat fork brace
                        Hardly mufflers
                        late model carbs
                        Newer style fuses
                        Oil pressure guage
                        Custom security system
                        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I once had a woman try to move me over.
                          I told her to "Get the $#%@ out of my lane!"
                          She yelled back,"You don't own the whole road!"
                          If I'd had my Sig, it would have been all over for one of us.

Moral is: Don't pack heat when you ride.

It should be ok to paintball someone, IMHO.
                          XS1100SF
                          XS1100F

Comment

I am starting to think a pocket full of ball bearings, or nuts and bolts might be a good thing to carry. A guy I work with says he carries that when he rides, for idiots that flick cigarettes out the window or cups of ice. They might be useful of other idiots as well.

I like the paintball idea. Police around here have high powered paintball guns, but use pepper spray instead of paint. I think skunk oil would be better though. hehe
                            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Censor ? Nope been married over 25 years = that day is gone lol
                              Motor cop

Comment

Working...
                              X