Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Condolences

Carolyn,

Just playiing catch-up here and read about this tragedy.

My condolences to Joe's family, to your daughter, and to you and your family. It is so sad when someone finally has things going his way, his life is sraightening out, and he's looking forward to a good future, only to have it all taken from him, and subsequently from those who love him.

We can only pray that he is by the Lord's side and the Lord will help all those involved to cope with this tragedy.
    BobE
    Richmond, RI
    1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
    2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
    1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
    1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
    1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
    1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
    1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

Carolyn,

I'm sorry for your daughter's, his family's and your loss.

Don
      currently own;
      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Funeral

Wake is to be held Tues 4-8pm. Funeral Wed 10am, Manchester, NH.
        Dallas is coming Tues afternoon and we are going together. We will go to the funeral/interrment the next day as well.
        No evidence of alcohol, another car, an animal, anything that would tell us why this happened. Dallas said it would be easier if he had been drinking because there would at least be a reason, and she could be mad at him for it. Police are calling it a freak accident. They have no explanation, as of now anyway.
        Dallas has spoken to a member of the local motorcycle club(an old acquaintence of mine)about a memorial run in Joe's honor. Bill thought that was a good idea. Dallas is hoping they will award him a posthumus membership in the club(he was working at becoming a member and had almost completed the requirements when he was killed)which I would be very surprised if they didn't. It is a nice club with great people, all are welcome, and they do alot for local charities. Any money raised would go to his family to cover any unforseen last expenses.
        I wanted to share with you the way my daughter has decided to look at her tragedy. As I mentioned, they had argued not long before the night he was killed and had separated. Dallas told me yesterday that God had decided to call Joe home. The reason they fought is because God knew that Dallas would not survive losing Joe this way(may even have been on the bike with him that night), so He, in His wisdom, put distance between them and took Joe, before they had a chance to come back together. This is the way things had to be...his time had come...and that there is a plan for all of us.
        I couldn't be more proud of her wisdom and strength. I admire her.
        Thanks everyone for all the wishes and consolation. She and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.
        80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
        79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Carolyn...
          As sad and tragic of a loss that this is to you and your family.I truly admire your courage,faith and fortitude to carry on.Whats more you have instilled these characteristics in your children.You should be proud of Dallas for her positive outlook and for her firm conviction in God's will. Her fortitude to be able to reconcile a tragic loss so close to her.As before my prayers are with you all. In this hour of darkness may God shine his light on you so that you can find your way.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

We are truly sorry...

Hi Carolyn,

There are no words... When we lost Pathfinder, AKA Dave Delzell, I was at a loss, godsmacked if you will... He was 51 and had so much more time to ride with us.

Then a couple of years later, Bob, the XS God, Jones died. I just could not make any sense of this.

SWMBO and I are very spiritual and know that we cross over when we agreed to, but as mere mortals its impossible to comprehend.

I admire the wisdom in Dallas at her age. At her age, I didn't know which side was up! Clearly, you have done a great job raising her and have been a stellar role model for her. I praise you both! Nemaste!

Bleesings to all who were affected by this tragedy.

You all are in our thoughts,

greg
            Gone but never Forgotten:
            1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
            2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
            2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

im very sorry for your loss
              when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
              '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
              '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
              '78 Cadillac Seville
              Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Late comer feeling the same.

Carolyn,
                I'm very sorry for this tragic event in your lives. I extend my condolences to all of you.
                1980G Standard, Restored
                Kerker 4 - 1
                850 Rear End Mod
                2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                Automatic CCT
                1980GH Special, Restored
                Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Hi Carolyn. All I can say is that we offer our condolences and prayers for both you and your daughter and of course Joe's family. I am very sorry to hear about the tragedy in your lives.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

condolences

Carolyn,

Sorry to hear of the tragic loss to all who knew Joe. Sounds like you & your daughter are doing the right things to get through the grieving process. I beleive better days are ahead for you.

Brent in GA
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Photos

A photo of Dallas and Joe at a memorial run with the Manomet Mystery Riders. It was going to be their Christmas card for everyone.

Thank you all for the wonderful words and the kind support. Dallas has read all you've had to say and appreciates your kindness.
                      Take care of each other.
                      80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
                      79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

I have been to the funerals of two old, dear friends this past two weeks.

This hurts just as bad.

God bless both your families and keep you safe.

Rodger
                        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
                        X