Headlamp Modulators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax-im

Hi Pat...an interesting idea...never thought of that one...gonna consult some ppl on how this could be done...

That wouldn't modulate the headlight, it would turn it on and off at fairly slow speed, certainly nowhere near ~240 cycles per second. That would be more likely to attract the attention of plod.

Comment

I put one on.....

.... and have gotten all kids of comments; from a toll booth collector warning me that there was something wrong with my headlight, to folks in cages stopped at traffic lights telling me they though I was a cop and that they saw me in their rear view mirror.
      I have mine setup to use the hi beam. I figured if the idea is to increase your visibility...... it's like getting the loudest horn you can buy (which I have also w/out going too crazy).
      Don't forget they also come with a light sensor which shuts the modulator off at dusk----illegal at night, you know.
      I got the Kisan Pathblazer and it took me 15 min to install.
      Here's the review from Webbikeworld:
      http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc.../modulator.htm
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

What is a "Kisan Pathblazer" ?

Comment

Re: I put one on.....

Originally posted by Cobia
          .... and have gotten all kids of comments; from a toll booth collector warning me that there was something wrong with my headlight, to folks in cages stopped at traffic lights telling me they though I was a cop and that they saw me in their rear view mirror.
          I have mine setup to use the hi beam. I figured if the idea is to increase your visibility...... it's like getting the loudest horn you can buy (which I have also w/out going too crazy).
          Don't forget they also come with a light sensor which shuts the modulator off at dusk----illegal at night, you know.
          I got the Kisan Pathblazer and it took me 15 min to install.
          Here's the review from Webbikeworld:
          http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc.../modulator.htm

ACT & NSW police would certainly bust us if we had that kind of setup. But they can be pretty peurile about such things over here. I used to have a GS1100GK, which came standard with the blinkers set up as running lights, they would turn off for the blink function. Standard setup for the bike, and how it was sold/registered over here.

Whenever I took it for the annual roadworthy they would not pass the bike with them that way. Argued with them, pulled out the regs to show that they didn't contravene them etc etc etc but they still would not pass, repeatedly saying that I couldn't have a red light at the front of the bike, even though they are orange, and they had no problem with them being used as front indicators (obviously). I would eventually have to get their superiors involved and threaten legal action to publicise their inanity. 4 years of pointless aggravation and time wasting by fools.

Comment

re: I put one on

Here in the US the DOT has regulations allowing the use of modulators. Kisan even includes a copy of the reg with the Pathblazer so you can show the law man in case you get pulled over.
            It modulates according to the allowed standards.
            Just follow the link in my original post for a description of the product and installation instructions, plus a link to the Kisan website. Although the WebBikeWorld article suggests you install the light sensor on your headlight housing, I just ran the wire along the handlebar to the base of my rearview mirror and tie-wrapped it to the upright. Needs to be vertical and with an unobstructed view of the sky.
            These normally go for around $125. I found mine on ebay, new, for $65.
            Good Luck.
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
            X