No announcement yet.

Sydney in Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh.. Elizibeth... (grabs heart) ... this is the big one!!.. Those snow pictures are depressing.. I still dont feel like we had a summer yet and its turning back to winter.. blaaa..

Used to be in a band with a guy who's mother lived in aussie. He had to go visit for a few weeks because she was having surgery. Well long story short he brought my guitar with him (after I told him if anything happens to it he shouldnt come back to the US). When he came back he was full of australia songs that he had written.. Cheesey most of em but one line stuck in my head when I read this post.. it was something like
    "You think your right side up but brother your upside down .. in australia...."
    (you guessed it, it was summer here and he went there to a bunch of overcast and rain hehe).

That and stories of red headed girls with interesting names, was about all that came out of that..
    XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
    Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkGriswald
      I still dont feel like we had a summer yet and its turning back to winter.. blaaa..
      Well, you know Michigan weather..........10 months of winter and 2 months of bad sledding! LOL
      My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

You know it.. I live right deadcenter in the lake effect dumping ground. Grand Junction which is only a few miles west of here usually records the high snowfalls. I got a feeling this next one is gonna be rough.. I always run out of firewood right before the worst of it (end of january). Last year I was taking trips into the woods about every two days.. way to messed up to get into the woods with a tractor so I have to park in a field. And walk into the woods with a chainsaw 75 or 100 yards.. cut something then make 10,000 trips carrying logs back uphill out of the woods to where my tractor is.

I was just about to start woodcutting but now it has rained a years worth of rain in 3 days so NOPE.. Denied. Thats why I polished the fork sliders this weekend to keep my mind occupied. HATE WINTER!!!

Now you see why Im desperate to make this XS good enough to go long distance.. Got a brother in florida and my parents stay in gulf shores alabama in the winter.. ROAD TRIP.. hope those cheap primative campgrounds are open in winter hehe.
        XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
        Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

Should give them some history on the Sydney Harbour bridge, like how they were trying to set a length record and came up a few feet short.

Also, mention that NSW is getting into the temperate zone, try going a few miles north!

On xmas day, 1975, when we left Brisbane, it was 52C (127F) at the airport.

Shortly before that they had one of the meanest cyclones in history down on the other end of the island. (think backwards hurricane).
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

The year I moved down to Dallas 1980 I was running around in a T-shirt and shorts on Christmas day! Couldn't believe it! Although one year up here in Michigan it did get into the 60s on Christmas day. But that was very unusual. I sure hope it isn't a hard winter this year. The beginning of this year was bad enough for record low temperatures. Gettin too old for this darn cold!
            My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

This is my favorite time of year - fall that is.
              Warm days, cool nights, hockey just round the corner - awesome.
              Si Parker
              '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Working...
              X