Sydney in Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney in Winter

I found myself under the Harbour Bridge this morning so I pulled out my el-cheapo digital camera and decided to play around with the zoom function. I'm still a bit shakey but I think I'm improving.

See what we have to put up with in the dead of Winter? Snow? What's that?

Dan.
    Fat Basker.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Yeah okay....

rub it in...

What are the temps? Please tell me it's as nice as it looks...
    Borderline sweltering here... It'd be nice to know SOMEone is having some decent weather...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Pretty city. If you want winter come on over. We have lots of snow in the winter course that would be in the winter time not like you upside down fellows.
      http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

20 degrees Celcius

Our max today will be 21c. I've never ever seen snow in my life but from what you lot tell me I'm not sure that I'd want to. Sydney Winter days are glorious but we pay for them in the summer.
        Automotive Imbecile.
        1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

It would be Ok with me if I never saw any more. If it is 21C in the winter summer must be hot as hell.

Comment

No doubt...

I was thinking the same thing... it's about 95 F here today...
            that's what? about 35 C?

it will get up to the lower 100s pretty soon... but hopefully, not much worse...
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Damn that is hot. I don't like high heat if it is humid as well. I kinda wilt like an old flower. What part of Texas are you in? We are hoping to ride down to San Antonino in 2010. I imagine that will be a hot ride.

Comment

Thank goodness for central air!!

We're in the northeastern part of the state around Dallas/ Ft. Worth... not as humid as it is on the coast... but still hot and sticky...
                (I will reserve any further comment on that one)

if you come down in the late spring (make sure you stop in and say "hi" on the way)... it would be really nice... the riverwalk in San Antonio is LOVELY in the spring and it's not quite so hot at that time of year...

I'm still curious as to Stralya's response on how hot it gets where he is...
                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Thanks Wildkat if we do make it we will stop. It would be right around this time of year though.

Comment

weather to be...or not....

Hey Stralya,
                    that one pic of the building (opera?). Looks like someone storing half a dozen skiffs with there bows up in the air.

mro
                    Weather,
                    about the only reason left to live here in CA CA land,
                    specifically here in the Bay Area.
                    Last Friday and Saturday did get hot tho, had to be in the 90's.
                    Back now to regular weather, nice marine layer cools off each night down to the mid 60's which is my favorite temp's and days get into the 70's with a few afternoons into the 80's.

Comment

Summer temps..

It hovers around the 30's, gets up into the low 40's in Summer. New Years day 2007 got to 49c, I nearly melted!

As for the Opera house, I've always thought it looks like a bunch of Nuns in a Rugby scrum.

Dan.
                      Sometime molten Rugby fan.
                      Automotive Imbecile.
                      1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Do you have humidity on top of that or is it a dry climate?

Comment

I wish I had that kind of scenery on my way to work. But then again the spread out farm land isn't bad either.
                          1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Humidity

Oh yes, we get very high humidity but thankfully we usually get a southerly blow up in the afternoons which cools things down a bit.
                            Automotive Imbecile.
                            1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Re: Summer temps..

Originally posted by Stralya
                              New Years day 2007 got to 49c, I nearly melted!
                              Good Heavens! the hottest I've seen (weather wise) is around 115F (46C).... luckily... that isn't the norm...

We did have a summer a couple of years ago that had an average high in the 80s... VERY unusual... but VERY welcome!

olebiker... we'll be praying for one of those summers for you if you make it down this way... Anything over 37C and it feels like you're riding in a convection oven... at least you're baked completely (and not half baked) by the time you get to where you're going...

we usually get a southerly blow up in the afternoons
                              Ummmm... ohhhh... nevermind...
                              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X