No announcement yet.

Bike Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An early review of the XS11 called them "Kong Kong in a tuxedo." Big, powerful and smooth. My bike is a "New Yamaha Black" SG full dresser, Pacifico fairing and Yamaha hard bags. We first saw it after it had set in a shed under a tarp for 20 years. He still looked good. Well dressed. Maximan named it King Kong, Kong for short. I always liked the old song "Duke of Earl" so when Kong became mine, I named him The King of Kong, but he still goes by Kong mostly. And he still looks good in the original paint.
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

And now for something different......

I hope it's just not me but I think every bike has it's own secret name that must be coaxed out of her. After enough blood sweat time and money she will reveal that name to you and you must keep it private. I understand that horse owners have a similar tradition. My modified resto/custom 1980 Special was nicknamed "Hotrod" by some biker friends and has stuck. Her secret name is known to her and I only. My 1979 Special is (or will be) a spec/mint bike when completed by the spring. Despite the blood sweat and time devoted to her already she is still shy and probably won't give up her name until she gets ridden a few times. Yes I know that's a tad creepy but thats how I have gotten my bikes names for the last 35 years.
      I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

nick names

Yep,
        Creepy just like a kids party clown...
        Ego Sum Meus Frater Custodis...

Comment

pet name for bike......

Lucrezia after Lucrezia Borgia....... If I don't watch her she will surely kill me.
          Bryan H

"Conan, what's best in life?"
          "To crush your enemies, drive them before you and the lamentation of their women"

Comment

I don't have one for the new bike yet, other than "the project".
            The others are Bonnie, Big Bertha, & Black Betty. Bambalam.
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

When I was trying to come up with a name for my 81 Special I went thru a lot of different name's that all seemed not to fit. It finaly came to me when I was asked what I paid for it, I had traded a shotgun for it and it came to me. I decided on Shotgun Special. I posted my decision on the name on the form and someone sugested to have fun with the name and sugested that the81 was an SH so I capitalized both the S and the H and come up with SHotgun Special.

Trapper
              81 SH (SHotgun Special)
              110 mains
              idle jets 2.5 turns
              floats at 24mm

You live, You learn, then Die and Forget it all

Comment

Working...
              X