No announcement yet.

Miles on your XS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 79 special had 56K on it when I picked it up last year. It now has about 58k.

I hope to put it well over 60 before the end of the season
    1979 XS11 Special

Scratching my head wondering why I live in Wintertoba.. not enough riding season here :D

Andy :)

Comment

well lets see, in 99 when I actually started to ride my 78 it had 10700 miles, now it has 22600 miles( 800 in the last month on the new tires). there was alot of times in between 99 and now that i did not get to ride because of bad tires. the longest trip I have taken it on is 150 miles (only 3 times) the rest of the riding has been around town and back and forth to work.. and its not even begining of summer yet...lol
      Shawn
      78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
      78 XS1100E Parts
      www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Reached a benchmark on Tsunami on Monday - 80,000 km (50,000 miles).

It was the first ride of any length this season. The weather was a bit on the cool side with nasty gusting winds. Still, it was nice to be back in the saddle again. Traffic was so light we only managed to come up behind one truck/camper unit i.e. only had one excuse to pass somebody. The good part was he was cruising at about 115km/h (70mph) so 'had' to punch it to about 160km/h (100mph) for a decisive get-by. At that speed, into a headwind, even with 80,000km on the clock,
        Tsunami still purrs like a kitten and has lots left.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

I have 7,200 miles on my 80G that I bought new in Feb 81, , and 8300 miles on my 78E, both are recently frame off restored after 15 years of storage in a barn....

Regards,
          Kommander Doom

Comment

just went over 20000 last weekend on my XS11SH. 600 miles last friday/saturday!...... YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!

snoqualmie pass! 30 degrees and snow! i love it!

think i'll name the bike "donorcycle"

later.... gotta go ride.

Jim Sanders ><>
            XS1100SH "Donorcycle"
            Jim Sanders ><>
            XS1100SH "Donorcycle"
            Ocean Shores, WA

Comment

121,294miles, or 194,000kms on The Tardis before it got put to bed upstairs....

Phill
              78E "The Tardis" (ret)
              99K1200LT-C "Beryl Beemer"
              Sydney, Oz

Comment

Nearly 80k on my 83 XS11 sport
                Gisle Vestergaard
                XS 1100 Sport

Comment

Miles covered

Just clocked up 67,000 klms after a trip to Mt. Isa. 2059 klms up on one weekend, 2079 klms on return the next weekend. Great trip other than worrying about range. Only got the little special tank (15 litres) and at speed, I was looking for reserve at 160k's.
                  Bit scary when you are covering the distances involved out there.
                  Eveready
                  Last edited by Eveready1100; 06-05-2003, 07:08 PM.
                  79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
                  Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                  *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
                  *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Hmmmm... KLMS? does that change into dollars or miles? and what is the rate of exchange?
                    wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

multiply KLMS by .62 to get miles or miles per hour.
                      example 100 Kms x .62(conversion factor)= 62 miles per hour.
                      Hope this helps.
                      Turbodave:
                      Running Against the Wind

Never forget our POWs/MIAs

Iron Butt Association #14500

Comment

Working...
                      X