run gas engines on water question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS
    Look here http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/ They give all up.and http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf
    yes the people here are smart and eloquent, and a very scientific mindset and i appreciate the brotherhood,

but this i can sink my teeth into, looks like this guy did alot of the work...
    "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
    History
    85 Yamaha FJ 1100
    79 yamaha xs1100f
    03 honda cbr 600 f4
    91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

The use of hydrogen, in cars, has been talked about for decades, but it really took the current gas prices to get the ball rolling.

The oil companies have known about this for years, but it is not in their interests to pursue it.

You can do open searches, now, and find piles of people doing all kinds of interesting things out there.

My question is: Could you not build one of those Smack boosters, for your house to run the furnace, and how would that compare to The natural gas I have to buy now?
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Look at You tube . search HHO .The first 2 that come up is about a guy that invented a welding machine using this process so mabey you could heat a house. The biggest problem I see so far is fooling the O2 sensor on late model cars. The UK site gives a pretty detailed circuit diagram for this but Im not much on electrical circuits. I do intend to try and hope anyone who does it first lets all of us know. I spent a good bit of time on YOU Tube on all the HHO post.This place will keep alot of us busy.http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/ Chapter 10 is great and so are 12 and 13.
        79SF
        XJ11
        78E

Comment

Ken,
          Yes, I am aware of that formula, however that would take about 109 gallons of gas to produce the 600lbs of pollutants and I just don't believe that the "average" lawn mower is going through that much fuel. I don't, and I have an above average lawn. I won't use any this year as I am converting the beast to LP as it is currently cheaper by the gallon than gas anyway.
          I still think it will be the coming thing and would be one of the first to convert something (lawn mower maybe?) if I saw something that looked like it would work. For many years I have watched and experimented with anything I could find. Some while back I owned a small fleet of service trucks and we had one set up as sort of a lab to test any idea that came along, had a fuel meter and computerized mileage monitor with data logging set up on it and everything. Was pretty much a waste of time and money. We tried hydrogen back then also, showed almost no improvement in mileage primarily bacause the 140 amp alternator required to power the setup needed a whole bunch of extra horsepower to turn it. At that time we found that it did work because running the hydrogen generator with a battery bank instead of the alternator would show us a definate improvement in a timed static test but the extra weight of the system offset that with the needed extra horsepower to haul it around.
          Gave up on it and went to diesel trucks with LP boost which would give us close to 30 mpg, about twice what the gas jobs were doing. I still drive one of the old girls around, of course with the price of diesel fuel these days it is only a very slightly better tradeoff.
          The Old Tamer
          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

When they say that they are not just counting the actual burning of the gas.

They are also counting all the pollution created by getting the oil out of the ground, shipping, processing, reshipping, etc.

You can say that about any fuel, though. ANd for Hydrogen that 'cost' is in the creation of the electricity.
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

water for fuel

OK now that the cat's outta the bag......... I have one month of approx 200 miles per day on a 2006 nissan frontier running with HHO injection.

I am getting 10% right now and although that's not a whole lot, (12,000/mo gas bill is) It is however with only the gas generator, PVC enhancer, and foil to "fool" the O2 sensors (2) I should get more when we start adding other devices on our list / such as a fuel heater / Electronic O2 sensor mods / and of course changing the drivers habits....... this is on a company vehicle that gets approx 1000 miles put on it per week. In one month I have used 1/2 gallon of distilled water and 4 teaspoons of baking soda as well as 10% less gas. But when we run the 10% ethanol fuel along with this we lose our previously gained 10%...... So, at this time we see Ethanol as being a total waste in our trucks. On our trucks not running HHO we still lose 10% with the Ethanol fuel........ Darn Exxon stations here all have Ethanol... It is killin me that Ethanol isn't a help it's a hindrance and they (big oil) knows it... Any questions ask away....... I will help where I can.....

Major issues:

DON'T LIGHT IT......... period

current draw is 3 amps

windings made of 316L stainless from mcmasters was the way to go....... no damage yet... I know only 4000 miles so far, but still....... no corrosion

Newer model vehicles are harder to setup

Injection points before and after throttle body..........

The idea to research this came up as my girls and me were firing off our hydrogen powered model rocket..... Estes (look it up)

The reason why it is becoming more widespread knowledge isn't just because of higher prices and everyone feeling the crunch, I believe the "Progressive Automotive X Prize" is helping to fuel the flame so to speak......

Not preaching just giving freely......
              Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
              S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
              1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

fool

Hey dale I believe once you "fool" the O2 sensor, your percentage will double. Also I am going to build mine from perforated stainless 1/16" plate for max electrolysis. will set one up on my S10 blazer as the guinea pig....Keep us informed....chop
                MDRNF
                79F.....Not Stock
                80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

That's just good to know, the system actually works... well what do you know? I thought it was crap, but was going to do it as a project with my son for the hell of it. good to know that I will actually get some benefit out of it (anything is better than nothing). will step up my efforts to get this project rolling. have a nice day and ride safe.
                  I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Yo, Lorax

Please though, do not light it......

please please.......

be very careful as it will explode and never skip the check valves and the length on the vac lines, very important safety tips....

Thanks, I don't want to lose an XSive 'cause we were playing with hydrogen....
                    Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                    S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                    1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

No worries, I have no need to see if it burns since I have some independent verification that it works. my focus will now be on actually fabricating a system to put on my truck. I will likely putz around with it for a while until I get a setup that fits under the hood and doesn't look all cobbed up. then fire it up and see how it works for me. my experiment phase will be bypassed as to go straight to implementation, so no bombs for me . have a nice day and ride safe.
                      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

More info I found http://www.fuel-saver.org/Forum/index.php and http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/documents.html go to" tuning for milage" for some insites on the various sensors that may need to be tweaked altho the O2 seems to be the most critical
                        79SF
                        XJ11
                        78E

Comment

Working...
                        X