Our evening out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our evening out

There is just somethin hot about a girl and a gun.

Cept maybe a Girl and a bigger gun...

We killed 3 of them thar pieces of paper- yep- popped about a hundert caps in thur @sses. Goin back to git more next week- Lord willin and the creek don't rise...

A revelation....

Back when I was a Detective, I used to keep my gun in my briefcase and the bullets in the glove box. I got into trouble so I started to wear a shoulder holster. Can't take your jacket off so I got an ankle holster but you can't run so back into the briefcase it went, bullets and all.

Point being I've never been a fan of handguns but when I was in the Army, I loved killing paper baddies with my dakka dakka.

It would be great to have a place here in Oz where one could go for a yippee shoot.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why we have the lowest hand gun death rate in the World?

Dan
    Ballistic boofhead.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

NEW RULES: All hot chicks shall be shown full front and profile views. Guns can be placed/shown in any practical position. Pictures of hot chicks with used targets must be show with x ring at the belly button position and face of hot chick visible. THAT IS ALL.

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
      Second bike is an FJR1300.
      Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

"Cept maybe a girl and a bigger gun..."

Firearms nut here, and that's not what I would call a bigger gun, given the AR-15 shoots about a .22 out of the barrel, and the first pistol looks like about a .40 cal.

Now if there was an AK-47 in there somewhere....
        1981 XS1100S (former)
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

BlkMage said:
          given the AR-15 shoots about a .22 out of the barrel,
          Yeah, but remember, the velocity helps a LOT on the AR15. I remember ball ammo going 1/2" into the side of a steel plate at 200 meters when I was in the army. That was just playing around on the range, because we had the ammo, and NO TARGETS! (dumb 2nd Luie's).
          I STILL fire my 45 Gold Cup once or twice a year, just to keep in practice.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
            BlkMage said:
            Yeah, but remember, the velocity helps a LOT on the AR15.
            And I'm sure a pin going mach 2 will do some damage as well. But it still won't make the nice big holes that 7.62x39 will. And they still have the horrible habit of jamming up...speaking of Army stories, my bolt got jammed forward after firing a round in some field training. Couldn't get the bolt to the rear and couldn't get the rifle into Safe. Glad the drills didn't catch that...
            1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

NEW RULES: All hot chicks shall be shown full front and profile views. Guns can be placed/shown in any practical position. Pictures of hot chicks with used targets must be show with x ring at the belly button position and face of hot chick visible. THAT IS ALL.

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Jim Horton
              Myrtle Beach SC 29588
              843-274-5045

Comment

There is just somethin hot about a girl and a gun.
                No so much if she and the gun are staring directly at you!
                Ernie
                79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Quote:
                  "Not so much if she and the gun are staring directly at you!"

And thats why no photos of her and gun from the front!

Quote:
                  "And I'm sure a pin going mach 2 will do some damage as well."

Especially when the pin starts spinning on impact= makes a much bigger hole on exit.
                  They made me buy their special ammo for the rifle= so I wouldn't shoot holes through their back wall with my Nato rounds.
                  It seems to be a very accurate gun even at long distances.
                  Supposed to be accurate to distances up to 500 yards.

BTW the hand gun is a 9mm Ruger that we purchased for her from the gun show Sunday. (very nice gun, we are goin to get one for me also )

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
                    Quote:
                    "Not so much if she and the gun are staring directly at you!"

And thats why no photos of her and gun from the front!

Quote:
                    "And I'm sure a pin going mach 2 will do some damage as well."

Especially when the pin starts spinning on impact= makes a much bigger hole on exit.
                    They made me buy their special ammo for the rifle= so I wouldn't shoot holes through their back wall with my Nato rounds.
                    It seems to be a very accurate gun even at long distances.
                    Supposed to be accurate to distances up to 500 yards.

BTW the hand gun is a 9mm Ruger that we purchased for her from the gun show Sunday. (very nice gun, we are goin to get one for me also )
                    Actually, the iron sights go out to 500, it's accurate over 800 yards. And no comment about the 9 mil...

Yes, I know, I like my toys big. That's why I originally got the XS!
                    1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

Rugers!!!

Hey Gnepig,
                      Rugers are great firearms. I had a SS 357 magnum with a 6" barrell when I lived in Gainesville. I was a hoot to shoot right about dusk when you could see the flames blasting out of the barrell and between the cylinder and the barrell. Sold it when I moved closer to civilization.
                      What do they get for that 9mm around your parts?
                      I have a SS .380 semi which is very nice and accurate too. Good pocket gun.
                      1980G Standard, Restored
                      Kerker 4 - 1
                      850 Rear End Mod
                      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                      Automatic CCT
                      1980GH Special, Restored
                      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Re: A revelation....

Originally posted by Stralya
                        Back when I was a Detective, I used to keep my gun in my briefcase and the bullets in the glove box. I got into trouble so I started to wear a shoulder holster. Can't take your jacket off so I got an ankle holster but you can't run so back into the briefcase it went, bullets and all.

Dan
                        Ballistic boofhead.
                        Dan, have you ever tried "Thunderwear"? It's like a bib that straps around your waist with a velcro strap. You wear it under your pants in your crotch area. I use to use it to carry a Glock on commercial flights as a Fed. CAUTION: don't wear tight pants or it will be a looooooong trip! I often wear it under jean short that fit loosely in the summer heat. Kind of hard to wear a should rig in the heat.

They're actually pretty comfortable to the point you can forget you are wearing it. I doubt it would be comfortable with the position you would be in riding a motorcycle though.

Don
                        currently own;
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

GNEPig,

I teach my sons to shoot, that's my 13 yr old below with my Glock .40 cal. Having been divorced three times, the less the women in my life know about guns, the better I feel.

Don

currently own;
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

I use to carry a Steyr Aug .223 for work. What a great assault rifle for what we did, Marine Law Enforcement. I had the same one for 17 yrs, salt water, crawling through the woods, bug spray, mud, etc....the thing never failed.

I had to shoot up a boat one night with it during a chase. Some rounds penetrated the fiberglass and ruptured a fuel tank causing one engine to run out of gas. So we caught the boat and seized the contraband inside.

This is what my son carries for the U.S. Marine Corps.

Don
                            currently own;
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                            2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Hey DJinNH

Now you tell me...

I'm a Bus Driver now.

Dan
                              Unarmed.
                              Automotive Imbecile.
                              Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                              '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                              1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X