• Show
Clear All

Re: Hey DJinNH

Originally posted by Stralya
    Now you tell me...

I'm a Bus Driver now.

Dan
    Unarmed.
    Bus Driver? Now that definitely should fall under the category of "hostile environment"!

Arm yourself well sir.

Don
    currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

If I were a bus driver, I'd have to dress something like this;

(From the video game, Army of Two)

Don
      currently own;
      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Looks like fun!

I got a fun new toy last weekend myself: an AR-15 "pistol". Already put 300 or so rounds through it:

It would be nice if I could find an indoor range around here that didn't charge an arm and a leg for higher powered weapons. Guess the backyard will have to do....

I desperately need to rebuild my backstop. It's shot to peices.

Ammo is getting pretty pricey anymore. Sigh, gone are the days when 1000rds were under 100 bucks, more like $250/k now. It's going to force me to have to start reloading. Been trying to find a decent price on one of those progressive units.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

JW, we seen one of those .223 pistols at the gun show and the price was very tempting, but I figured it would be a little hard to conceal.
          Is that a holographic site on top of yours?

We are gonna try one of these:
          http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...9+mm&noImage=0

Or one of these:
          http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0032406215925a

Hey Cobia, we picked up the 9mm from the gun show new for just over 400 bucks after taxes. Seems like they are about 500 bucks before taxes or more at gun shops around here.

DJinNH, the grenade launcher would be a nice accessory to have but I don't think they would let me in the gun range with it.

Comment

Great Price

That's a great price GNEPIG
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
              JW, we seen one of those .223 pistols at the gun show and the price was very tempting, but I figured it would be a little hard to conceal.
              Is that a holographic site on top of yours?

We are gonna try one of these:
              http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...9+mm&noImage=0

Or one of these:
              http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0032406215925a

Yeah, concealment isn't much of an option for that weapon. It's more of a long range target shooter. Accurate as hell in the 30 or so yards I have to shoot it here. The lower can be used for any other upper as well. The AR-15 system is very versatile.

The sight on it is a knock-off of an EOTech holo sight. The EO's run about $400, this one was $130. It is without a doubt the easiest target acquisition sight I have ever used. With both eyes open, it's body is barely in your field of view, but the reticle just seems to be floating in the air....in perfect focus. Sorta like this:

I can see now why the military people I know rave on the style so much. unlike a standard red dot, no matter what angle you're looking at it through, it is always on target (parallax-free). This one has 4 different reticles to choose from (dot, dot with ring, crosshairs (shown), and crosshairs with ring). It's very functional. And difficult to take a picture of! The picture does it very little justice....

I'm trying to find a loader with more capacity. Right now it's a toss up between price and reputation for me. Either going to go with a Lee Progressive 1000 press (reasonable price with OK reputation), or the RCBS progressive 2000 (kinda pricey, but with a great reputation). When I'm in the mood, I can go through a LOT of rounds. It's not unnatural for me to eat up 2-300 a session, and that in under an hour. When bullets were cheap (and I had more free time), I could easily eat up 1000/week. Can't afford that anymore. Reloading will at least bring that back to mostly reasonable levels.
              80 XS1100SG
              81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Working...
              X