My winter project What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way Cool

Yeah thats a great looking XS! Its got alot of 'tude alright....you are right to be proud of this bike.I am thinking of riding my '81 XS1100SH... to the XSEast rally...Depends on the weather...if its bad then I'll ride my Honda ST1100...but hope to be on the XS eleven special...either way ...I cant miss this...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Fantastic job . Looks very nice and clean . Great paint job .It's nice to see that kind of quality work memebers can come up with .
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Very cool ride

you need to try to put the pic in this magazine called Behind Barz.
        http://www.behindbarz.com
        A bike like that needs to be in a magazine for a lot of others to see it.

Comment

SC Rally

Hey man, you need to take that bike down to SC and show it and see what you can win. a bike like that should definitly come in 1st PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

one mirror?

I see you only have one mirror...is that the intent?It looks a little odd that way otherwise a real stunning bike!
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Never even thought about it not having a front fender...

with the known wobble these things have... how does it handle without any reinforcement on the forks? (not that the fender provides that much... but it does some)
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

It's not finished yet, fork brace, fender, and yes another rear view will get on in time. I just couldn't keep it to myself any longer. It's a work in progress......
                79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                79 DT 100

Comment

My winter project What do you think?
                  I think you should send me that seat , would look real nice on my hot rod...

Engine/exhaust be really cool Have a few black engines and one with polished fins. Plan to do the fins on the others eventually

That be one "BUFFED XS", very nice.

mro

Comment

Very nice. I am in with "add a fender group" to keep it looking sweet. There's a lot of crap on the road to chip, scratch and crud up the bike.
                    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

What do I think? Well, both my son and I think you did an awesome job. It looks great!

Don
                      currently own;
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                        Hey XS11Lover,

That is one fine looking Special/Standard with "Badittude"!!!

I like how the clubman bars seem to embrace the round gauges. Nice work on seat and fender as well! Are you going to put a FRONT fender on it, or just let the rain slosh all over those nice new pipes?? Or is it going to be a FAIR WEATHER ONLY ride?

I wouldn't blame you for that at all. As for the Emgo filters, several threads, plus a couple of tech tips for mods IN CASE they do cause you problems with the higher rpms, bogging, flooding, etc., due to the possible restriction of air flow thru the ports on the inlet bell!

Folks have recently posted about some filters from MikesXS that are larger, say "XS" on them, and don't have the prominent mounting lip that "can" interfere with the air flow! I know you've already invested $$ in these, but you don't want the performance to falter due to a relatively simple and cheap fix!
                        T.C.
                        Top Kat, I should have listened to you two years ago. Those little filters do suck. Or not enough.....I had to come back and see who told me to change them.
                        Next time I'll listen.
                        "hear me now, believe me yesterday, understand me later"
                        79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject View Post
                          Love it! Love the seat/fender! I would kill for a supertrapp! Have you run it yet? Did you modify those pods? They look like the EMGO ones that obstruct the airjets.
                          Woops, sorry it was XSPROJECT.
                          I can't get anything right.
                          GW
                          79 DT 100

Comment

Yeah, from what I hear, that can be a pain to trouble shoot out. If you haven't already replaced them, the ones from mikesxs are really nice.
                            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X