Maximan and pggg Banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Culmination of a lot of things.

The last page of the Ron Paul thread answers a few things.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Reinstatement?

Any chance of them being reinstated?
      I know they were both pretty hot-headed... but a wealth of information was lost when they were banned... not to mention all of the trials and experiments that Cody did, saved many here a lot of grief (and money).

A positive that came from the Global Warming thread... Cody said something about "if you don't like it... do something about it..."
      Got me off my butt and involved at the elementary school (okay... so I was already involved there... a lot) but this time, I started a recycling program... We collected almost 16 tons of paper from October to March and now have more than $1,000 that will go toward an outdoor classroom. We have greater plans for the program next year and Cody has even offered to help us out...

Never much agreed with his political views... but he's a heck of a nice guy...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Banned

What is the deal with some of guru's "banned"????
        If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

Let's just say they didn't play well with others.

Comment

Well, you see, when you become a GURU, you get 72 virgins. If you mistreat the virgins, you get banned from Valhalla. Then I woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by John
              Let's just say they didn't play well with others.
              Seems more like they played well with others, just not each other
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Yeah, that's what we thought, too. But once one was gone, the other just went after everyone.
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Sorry to hear this

I got in arguments with both those guys but it never got too personal, heated yes, but no real insults. Just a bit of clever sarcasm. I enjoyed every minute of it.

If either of you guys are lurking out there...I'm sorry to hear you were banned.
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                  XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I went to Maximan's house last week. I realize he has definately got his opinions on things, but for those of you who have had problems with him in the past... I wish you could meet the guy in person. He'd give you the shirt off his back. We used his tire mounting setup to install two tires... I bought an Elite 3 for the back and he GAVE me a nearly new Maxxis front tire, and he took time from work to help me do it.

We lost some occasional arguing when he was banned, but we also lost a wealth of knowledge and ingenuity from a guy that had the financial capability to try the new things he thought of, and would take the time to post the results of his findings. I could choose not to get drawn into the arguments... some couldn't.

I realize this was all new ground to tread on when the banning was done. I'm just not so sure about the permanent thing.

I realize it isn't my decision, and wouldn't have wanted to be the one to have to make it. I have my doubts that either would come back if given the chance, but even a felon gets three strikes before they are out for good. Just maybe something to consider...

My 2 cents.

Tod
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

R.King

"Can't we all just get along".....Yeah, I second what Trbig said....This ain't California, where 3 strikes and your out. We all make mistakes (some more than others)...How 'bout we offer amnesty like the Illegals are getting...
                      MDRNF
                      79F.....Not Stock
                      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

just delete and edit the rough stuff and they will soon get the idea that those messages won't clear censorship. their contribution was significant campared to the contentious bickering

just modernize or tweak the punishment and rethink the diciplinary process
                        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                        History
                        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                        79 yamaha xs1100f
                        03 honda cbr 600 f4
                        91 yamaha fzr 600
                        84 yamaha fj 1100
                        82 yamaha seca 750
                        87 yamaha fazer
                        86 yamaha maxim x
                        82 yamaha vision
                        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I got nuthin..........

XS1100SF
                          XS1100F

Comment

Several of the Moderators have met cody, myself being one of them. I liked him very much, as did everyone else. He didn't give me the shirt off his back. Instead, he bought me an XS11 hat (for the poor college kid) and gave me fatherly advice from an experienced geologist to one just starting out. The problem is, that guy is not the guy who sits down at the computer. None of us wanted to ban anyone, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

There is nothing wrong with a heated discussion. However, many folks didn't see the personal attacks that these two made on other members (besides each other) because they were moderated out quickly. The moderators and administrators here at channel 11 do it for nothing on their own free time. It shouldn't have to be a full time job constantly sweeping up the mess of Maximan, Pggg, Midnight1980 or anyone else who wants to take it that far. Warnings were given, ignored, and forgotten. As much as I like Cody (and would still love to see, ride, and hang out with the guy again), I stand behind the decision we, as moderators and administrators, made.

Just my 2 cents.
                            Last edited by 81xsproject; 05-28-2008, 09:51 AM.
                            '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

"""I got nuthin.......... to say."""

I do.
                              They both exceeded their "three strikes you're out" maximum.
                              Most people in polite, civil society don't even need one strike.
                              Yes... quite the odd phenomenon concerning internet bullies and agitators....
                              How can someone who's so nice and friendly in person change into such a provoking miscreant in a forum.
                              The answer is simple...
                              Internet is long distance. The insulted party can do nothing.
                              In real life, these people don't act like children... they're very polite.
                              They wisely realize that when harrassing someone in public, they're usually standing about two feet from that person. And two feet is about the same distance that the other guy's arm can reach... with a fist at the end.

"Oh, but let's invite them back.. surely they've changed."
                              Astute readers might remember, and for those who don't I shall relate again, that one banned member got offended when called on his actions... and stayed off the site for a few months to cool off.
                              (Or maybe he stayed away to "punish us" for having the nerve to ask him to behave?)
                              Either way... he came back and continued where he left off.

"Three strikes you're out"
                              Bah!
                              Patterns, TRBIG... patterns of behavior.
                              Your felon is a criminal... criminals don't abide by society's rules.
                              (This is their choice)
                              Your felon stole a car... and served a little time for it.
                              He then robbed a liquer store (his choice again), and served a little time.
                              He now gets life in prison, eventhough his third act was stealing a Slurpie from 7-11.
                              Small crime, to be sure... but he's proved that he won't change his behavior because he's just "oh so special".

I have nothing personal against these two. I'm sure they make fine neighbors... don't play their music too loudly and keep their yards mowed and in good order.
                              We don't care how people act in physical form... that's not our concern.
                              What we're supposed to do is monitor how people interact with others on this site.
                              Live and let live, I say....
                              But when my "good neighbor"s dog barks all night... or when he starts parking his cars on the street in front of my house because he already has seventeen cars parked in his yard, that's when I pick up the phone and call the "County".

So, to sum it all up...
                              Both knew of the rules of civilized society...
                              Both were admonished, then warned, yet continued.
                              It would seem to me then, that not only were they asking to be banned, but they were actively seeking it out.

Moderators... kind, giving people that we are, gave them what they wanted.
                              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

No matter how hard I try, it never sounds as good as it does through Prom's fingers. Maybe it's because I type faster than I think, and Prom can make an argument, debate pros and cons, rebut, and conclude all in the time it takes him to find that darn 'Q'.
                                '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X