Maximan and pggg Banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximan and pggg Banned?

Maximan and pggg have the title "XS-XJ Guru: Banned" below their names. Is this a joke or are they really banned?

I was away from the forums during hibernation season so if there was forum drama I missed it.
    1981 XS1100SH

It wasn't much, but you missed it.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

That's too bad. As much as I disagreed with Cody's politics and political rants, I enjoyed many of his posts especially his ride reports. Hopefully there will be some way he and pggg can return, someday.

If the mods view this as airing dirty laundry, feel free to delete this thread.
      1981 XS1100SH

Comment

politics

everyone should know , you shouldnt talk politics, religion, or about oil and not expect people to get upset
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

A lot of us do miss them, but it is a matter of keeping it civil. pggg and maximan didn't want to back off, and could NOT keep from "attacking" sometimes. I email Maximan now and then to see how things are going, as I consider him a good friend. I enjoy the "talks" we can have after a day of riding, but over beers face to face it's easy to know the context of the remarks.
          This forum NEEDS to be kept civil, as we have people from 7 to 75 reading it. If a person cannot keep quiet, no matter how wrong he/she thinks the others are, then they DO need to keep from baiting, attacking, or name calling. This is spelled out in the agreement EVERYONE must "sign" in order to post to the forum.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

"everyone should know , you shouldnt talk politics, religion, or about oil and not expect people to get upset"

Don't forget tires and Slurpee flavors!
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

And helmet laws, gun laws, and global warming (remember how long that thread got?)
              1981 XS1100SH

Comment

or lane splitting
                Si Parker
                '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

I Guess I missed whatever it was they did.
                  Rob
                  KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                  1978 XS500E
                  1979 XS1100F Restored
                  1980 XS1100 SG
                  1981 Suzuki GS1100
                  1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                  1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F
                    I Guess I missed whatever it was they did.
                    Rob
                    Me too!

But I remember this one time at banned camp...................................

Paul
                    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                    1979 XS1100 Standard
                    1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

LOL

Good one Blue
                      '82 XJ1100
                      '07 Harley Nightster (SWMBO'S)

Comment

Yes, quite good!
                        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

banned

I too missed it. (Must have been riding somewhere).

Good to have info now, in case I am trying to contact him. I understand guidelines etc. and make no disagreement nor challenge regarding them.

I like Maximan and believe that he is nicer than he sometimes sounds. Example: His signature included "avoid the rush and hate Harleys early". Yet he rode his Maxim with me twice on the Talimena Trail, and on the long ride to Tahoe CA1 ,Oregon & back to OK, with me on HD Road King. A very gracious host and good ride leader. Perhaps he just does not like Trailer Queen show bikes parked beside Posers with "riceburner * attitudes.

Tires & oil, gear, kit tools etc. used for fixing an XS or riding is allright with me. The intelligence, heritage, etc of the user /purchaser of a different brand is another matter all together.
                          AND "You better SMILE when you say THAT Pardner"
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I almost bought his bike

Last year i came within a day of actually buying Cody's 'Zilla.We were discussing it thru PM's and I had decided to wait til spring..he didnt think it would sell 'til spring so he would wait .The next day i hear it sold on ebay for the amt of nearly $8000!And the earlybird always gets the worm so to say...then i came up with the idea to do what he had done with his ace tuner Bobby Pugh of Stillwater Kawasaki.Cody shared so much information with me that i could nearly write a book!He also was very gracious in offering his hospitality for me to stay in his home if I came out there with the bike.So I was quite surprised by his demeanor and the attitudes he espoused so arrogantly against pggg and others who tried to reel him in.I wholeheartedly agree that this is a civil forum first and foremost.While Cody is a friend I dont always agree with him and he knows that.I was dissappointed that he could not or would not conduct himself in a manner that was befitting of this fine forum.AS we all did benefit from both of their contributions to Channel 11...there is a certain truth that they are missed but there is also truth in mutual respect and dignity.I am a firm believer of honoring my name and not doing anything to tarnish it.Peace my Brothers and Sisters...BNE
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

so what was the straw that broke the camels back? I have read through a lot of posts from both of them and didnt' seem to find the thread that got them banned.
                              Yamaniac
                              '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                              '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                              '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                              '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                              '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X