No announcement yet.

Very Disturbing Trend Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Rocky, I have signed my donor card too. About 24 years ago in fact.

But whatever Hurt's intentions, his method was not misguided, it was evil and is indicitive of some very dangerous thinking.

He basically pointed at a group of people and said, "I do not like what you are doing, so, as a group, I am going to deprive you of a fundemental choice."

Can you imagine if it had been an ethnic group instead of "just" motorcyclists? There would have been riots all over the nation . . .

Mandating human harvesting . . . <shudder>.
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

I saw this thread on the Triple's list too. Everybody seems to be missing one vital thing. The legislation never had a chance. Once senator can not by himself pass a law, and there's no way he's gonna convince enough of his buddies to commit political suicide. Furthermore, if the law passed, it'd be shot down by the first judge that presided over a case challenging it.
      Your statistics do not apply to me, you see, I'm an individual, not a population.
      Tim Weaver
      tweaver@mei.net

Comment

They pass illegal and unconstitutional stuff all the time. Can you afford to challenge it? Costs hundreds of thousands. Nobody will spend that on my behaf I would wager.

Ask me about the Texas "Robin Hood" school funding system sometime. Breaks at least 3 points in the US Constitution and a dozen or so in the Texas Constitution . . . and they put it to a vote and it was voted down by a landslide. Still put it into law.

The challenges have been in court since 1993. Still have the system. All the morons that put it into law have been flushed down the toilet (voted out) and we still have the system. Hundreds of millions spent on the lawyers. Still have the system. Billions of illegal taxes collected and spent. Still have the system.

And don't even get me started on the gun stuff . . .
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrider

"Can you imagine if it had been an ethnic group instead of "just" motorcyclists? There would have been riots all over the nation . . .

Mandating human harvesting . . . <shudder>."

hi,guys i dont profess to know much about u.s. politics but danny hit the nail on the head,l.a. riots happened over one mans being abused by the powers that be,can you imagine if this had been aimed at a nationality,skin colour or religion? world war one was sparked by a single shot! politicians like this guy do nothin but harm the u.s.a.'s reputation worldwide.mainly because we only hear about the idiots not the public servants who help and further the cause of thier people. motorcyclists seem to get rough treatment worldwide,i think its because we are not the same colour,religion,ethnicity that makes us a valid target with no comeback.............i just hope this trend doesnt find its way across the pond no offence to anyones views,just my" two cents worth"
          mick
          xs1.1s(x2)
          gsxr1100(1127)
          gsx1100g(x2)
          trophy900
          bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Comment

rockyr74

I like your reply rockyr74, it made good sense and was not reactive in any form or fashion. In these rough times it is still (even more so now than ever) that "cooler heads will prevail". Thanks for your calming input.

Ride fast, ride hard, but most of all ride safely.
            Rod

Macho Maroon XS 11E

Comment

Working...
            X