Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think spring

early spring weather here,
    i saw a motorcycle cop yesterday, had a car pulled over on I-90, (spokane,wa.) the temp was 31'f.
    snowed last night though, lol, go figure !

buzz

Comment

Snow

I live in northern Ontario,Canada,need I say more!!!

Comment

Hey, you don't have to get too far into the Great White North to get frigid weather... I live in the so-called "banana belt" (don't ask, no idea why it's called that) here in Southern Ontario and we are getting temps at least 10F below normal, and that's before factoring in a vicious wind chill factor.
        Brian
        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
        remembering the same thing!

Comment

snow

Oh, thats right.I remember picking bananas down in the Windsor area when I was younger......lol

Comment

Gary,

I think you need to transplant one of your spare XS11 engines (if you have any left) on your snow blower. Or transplant your snow blower onto the XS.

Until Friday night, Muskegon had less snow this year than Tulsa, Oklahoma. We got about 4 inches over the weekend and have about 5 on the ground. Bitter cold though here, roads sloppy.

Spring will come, maybe in time for XS-East.

Bill Bowman

Comment

I hate the white-slowly-turning-icky-brownish-gray crap.

LP
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
              (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Originally posted by Billbobow
                Gary,

I think you need to transplant one of your spare XS11 engines (if you have any left) on your snow blower. Or transplant your snow blower onto the XS.

Until Friday night, Muskegon had less snow this year than Tulsa, Oklahoma. We got about 4 inches over the weekend and have about 5 on the ground. Bitter cold though here, roads sloppy.

Spring will come, maybe in time for XS-East.

Bill Bowman
                Hmmm....sounds like a winner!! Good to hear from you Bill...long time no see.......coming to XSEast this year?

Todays forcast - 12+ new inches of snow, 40mph gusts, white out conditions, NYS thuway is closed near Verona to UTICA. We got about a foot since the big one day snow as well.....on pace for 300+ inches of snow this year, won't be the first time , Temps will be +10 to -10F for the next five days according to the exteded forcast...no matter where you live the weather is worse here!(today anyway)
                Gary Granger
                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Gary wrote:
                  Hmmm....sounds like a winner!! Good to hear from you Bill...long time no see.......coming to XSEast this year?

Been real busy. Am taking classes for a Masters in Computer Science - long story. I pop in on the ".com" list here and there to keep up with ya'all.

XS-East - well, probably not. Summer classes are two days a week each - intensive sessions, with a lot of homework. Also, and I'll be posting this here in a few weeks, I am going to try to organize the "Michigan Spring Ride" again this year the weekend before XS-East. Two weekends in a row out of town are just not going to happen. I've also picked up another "summer" toy. Acquired a 23 foot sail boat last summer. It's on a trailer and I'm trying to figure out if I can pull it behind the XJ.

Take care up there, maybe you could just move the bikes out to the drive way, start them all up and point the exhaust at the snow banks. It would melt a little. Temps here are about what yours are, a touch less cold, but not much. I wish the border guards would stop those Canadian cold fronts.

Bill

Comment

This morning I walked out to my car, it was -27, with the windchill, -35. That's cold even for Orillia. Almost felt warm when I got to Oshawa where it was -20!

<brrrrrrrr> On another note, the airbrush artist has my tank and side panels! Will post pics when he's done, I'm using the same pictures on the guitar, and the bike so they should look great beside each other. <G>
                    1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

hey Gary, I grew up in Utica a hunnert years ago. We didn't measure the snow depth, long as the horses never had problems getting through! I remember we never measured numerical temperature, we just timed how quick the spit froze...

See ya at the Canyon!
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

From yesterdays Syracuse paper:

And now the part that made me laugh:

Gary Granger
                        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Frozen

I'm in the St.Louis area, last nite it got to -2 F which is really bad for the area. WAIT!
                          I just heard on the radio that Spring will arrive in 2005.
                          I got laidoff at the end of Dec. and I told my former boss that was the meanst thing he could do. Now I have time to ride, severence to buy gas, but it's too cold. By the time spring gets here I'll have spent the severence pay and won't have gas money or even worse, I'll have a job!!!
                          J.D."Jack" Smith
                          1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                          1978E straight job
                          "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Forcast for Prescott, Arizona for Friday, January 24

Clear skies.
                            High temp of 63 degrees F
                            Low of 31 degrees F
                            Humidity of 23 percent

Current cost of 87 octane unleaded: $1.319

Weekend forcast:
                            Highs Saturday and Sunday in the middle 60s
                            Lows in low 30s
                            Clear with no chance of precipitation.

Gas prices going up.

Rode the XJ to work this AM. I leave the house around 6:40, still dark. Ride is about 9 miles. Slightly brisk, but then I have the Windjammer with lowers, lined leather gloves, leather jacket that was a Christmas gift from LOML. Grass is turning green, should mow the back lawn this weekend.....
                            Jerry Fields
                            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                            '06 Concours
                            My Galleries Page.
                            My Blog Page.
                            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

<grumble grumble>

It was 9 degrees here this morning.

Sheesh. This is Texas for heaven's sake!

Most of my moronic neighbors left their sprinkler systems on last night. Some pretty cool lawn scupltures this morning.

I took the truck to work . . . but at least that 400hp V-10 is fun too!
                              CUAgain,
                              Daniel Meyer
                              Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                              Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

What snow?

Bummer guys, it was 61 when I went home for lunch today, guess its time to pull the lowers off.
                                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                                X