Buried Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buried Alive!

We got about 40 inches of snow end of last week, then got around 3 feet yesterday. I am out of places to put it, the snow blower can no longer throw it high enough to clear the banks of snow in my driveway. Got to see a tractor-trailer flip over yesterday in a white out. I just heard they mentioned Mexico on the ABC national morning news program, officialy 33 inches (they must not have counted the 6" over night). In Oswego where I work, they had a snow emergency yesterday....they got about a foot less than me.

Is spring coming...forcast is for more snow and single digit to below 0F temps for next 6 days. Then they are predicting some heavy snows after that. Going crazy here!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Spring IS coming

Yes Gary,

Spring is coming...... it's just a matter of WHEN it arrives ! !
    My hopes are that mother nature brings it early, we're tired of the "white stuff" we've got here and are also out of places to put it !! (it's snowing as I type )

I'll keep my hopes alive and hope you'll do the same !!

In the meantime, perhaps you might think about investing in some "heavy" equipment to move that snow around !

Ciao 4 now !!

XSively,
    Deb & Bruce

Comment

So when are you going to get a snowmobile? Yamaha makes some very nice ones, including the RX-1 four stroke, based on the Yamaha YZF-R1 motorcycle engine. See it at:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...cid=26&mid=177

My Yamaha V-Max 540L is still in storage in Wisconsin, but have not needed it here in AZ due to the 50 degree plus weather we have been having, although it did rain a week or so ago.....
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

40" of snow? And you're not out riding? Wimp.
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
          So when are you going to get a snowmobile? Yamaha makes some very nice ones, including the RX-1 four stroke, based on the Yamaha YZF-R1 motorcycle engine.
          Jerry-It's too deep to snowmobile!
          Gary Granger

Comment

It doesn't sound like much but we have 3" so far this morning and Nashville is completly stopped. I used to live in Idaho and we had 12' high walls on the sides of road in the winter too but I decided it wasn't for me anymore.

Good luck digging out.
            Bill Murrin
            Nashville, TN
            1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
            1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
            2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
            1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
            2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Well just take one of these and put an XSive engine in it. Then you'll be XSive year round!!!

[b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Gary,

SEND US SOME OF THAT SNOW! The ski resorts have a little but most are making man-made-snow for the popular runs.

It's a good thing we didn't hold the Olympic Games here this year!

The weather guys said that by this time last year we had 46 inches total in the valley. This year we have had 3".
                Bob Udy

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse
                  Gary,

SEND US SOME OF THAT SNOW! The ski resorts have a little but most are making man-made-snow for the popular runs.

It's a good thing we didn't hold the Olympic Games here this year!

The weather guys said that by this time last year we had 46 inches total in the valley. This year we have had 3".
                  I am looking for a box right now...is COD OK?
                  Gary Granger

Comment

Flagstaff, AZ is about 100 miles noth of me. Ski area there was open a grand total of 4 days in 2001 - 2002. This year (2002 - m2003) it was been open about 10 days, may open again if it gets some snow.

Kidding aside, we here in the west could really use that snow. Local meterologist figured out we are 2 full years behind average moisture in the last 5 years. While I like the riding weather (rode the XJ to work today) I would like to see some of that white stuff come our way.

Send the COD to the State of Arizona...we are only a few million into deficite spending!
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

no snow here

Here in Wisconsin, we havent any snow... actually, there have been a couple times when we got an inch or so, but none of it stuck around for long-- kinda feel a little cheated, if its gunna be too cold to ride, I at least want some snow!
                      79ish suzuki rm250
                      82 honda cb450sc
                      78 honda cx500
                      72 honda cb175
                      78 yamaha xs11e

Comment

Snow in Virginia

Well, I'm a bit east of Nashville Bill, and we had a nice little winter storm last night, we got 4 inches here and up to 8 just 30 miles north across the river. I've been talking with Chuck who runs the Yahoo list, lives in western Ill, and they haven't seen much there either, real freaky. Guess we can blame El Nino or something!?

I've had a Snow morning, day off from work, but the morons that run the office are still deciding whether to put everyones life and patients lives at risk in trying to open it up for ?business? this afternoon!!!! These folks barely know how to drive when it rains, not to mention SNOW. The highway dept is asking folks to stay at home, only go out if absolutely necessary, that's like Emergency, not for regular work....geez, wish the higher ups had a brain, maybe I can send them to the WIZARD????
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Well, I won't rub it in, but...... The people down here are acting like it will snow 50" overnight!! It will get down to 44 with the wind chill........Cold for us!!

Comment

I live in VA but felt it was time to come south for the next two weeks, my SWMBO called and told me that they had several inches of snow and that I do this every year. They are bracing for a big freeze here in Florida tonight. I guess I should go home and shovel, no on second thought that is what son in laws are for, right?
                            The bike is in the shop and so I have to ride a goldwing.

deo
                            82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
                            Riding with the Son

Comment

Well, as I've just read, I guess things could be alot worse here. We have 12 inches of snow on the ground, current temp. is 10 F.
                              Earlier this morning it was -6 deg. F. !!
                              The only riding going on around here is ATV's, steel runner sleds, innertubes and 4x4's. More snow is expected starting Sunday.
                              I've got my steel runner "tripple sanded" and my 32 inch diameter, tractor innertube over inflated AND Armor'alled; now how's that for FAST?
                              Greg
                              '80-G
                              '82 CX500 [Wife's "new" bike]
                              '79 XL250-S

Comment

Working...
                              X