Career Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good

No excuse for not meeting us all at the "Meeting of the Texsives" in June.....
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Glad to hear the news, Manshack.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Oh I'll be at the meet in June if I have to put push the bike there.
        This job ought to work out great. My bank account will stay in the black all month (versus only first week of month now). I'll be happy because I won't be worried about where the grocery money is coming from, it's just a win-win at this point. Now, hopefully they haven't hid any job duties from me that are a deal breaker once I'm there. Keep in mind I did leave secured state employment that I could have kept until I died. I'm working for another state agency but through a staffing company so the salary is higher than even my on-site supervisor but I don't have the benefits anymore like I did with the state. Eventually I could go full time with TDCJ but would have to take a salary cut to be able to do it. Now, if my family is already moved and my wife has managed to double her salary then it works out ok. I don't know but for now I just have to show up and keep the project rolling so they renew the contract in September. Thank god, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally close enough that I can see what's on the other side!
        79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

Congratulations Manshack, but when I see light at the end of the tunnel I worry that it might be a train comin' through!

Daughter leaves for her last stent in college in a couple of days. I still plan on posting a new thread called, "Home based business opportunities: scam or fraud?" It might not get posted until the end of the month. After all, when you are "self employed" you can make your own hours... as long as it's "24/7." OK, it's not that bad, but there really isn't an easy way. Knowhatimean Vern?

E.Liberty
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
          X