No announcement yet.

do you feel safer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had red light cams here in Houston for about a year now. More and more going up every day.
    Now the city is using them to catch drivers taking a right on red. While it is perfectly legal to take a right on red in Texas, they claim they are ticketing those who do not come to a complete stop first. WHATEVER!
    Just another way to take our hard earned money away from us at gunpoint.

Just wait until they start using biometrics on us in public. Biometrics technologies can be used to validate fingerprints, voices, irises, body heat patterns, facial images, handprints, signatures, and even computer keystroke rhythms.

You will be assimilated!
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
      Mason,
      A pump pellet gun probably would!! Silent, accurate, and at 900+ F.P.S. should go through the lens....
      Just a thought...

yeah ray, i feel vindictive, ,but snooping around, in the dark, in black clothes and a ski mask, brandishing a loaded pellet gun, all being 48 years old,on second thought, maybe not the wisest thing to do on the other hand, do you know a hit man?

pay per kill, yeah!! but if they'll take the job, they'll sing like a bird not if, but when they are caught, then they have to shut this place down
      "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
      History
      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
      79 yamaha xs1100f
      03 honda cbr 600 f4
      91 yamaha fzr 600
      84 yamaha fj 1100
      82 yamaha seca 750
      87 yamaha fazer
      86 yamaha maxim x
      82 yamaha vision
      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Ever heard of Lexan?

It's polycarbonate and it's used over the lenses and for sure a pellet gun won't damage it beyond a small nick on the surface. Probably take at least a 50 cal to penetrate the box in another place.
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I used to live in Reading in the UK - it's the speed camera capital of the whole country. All everyone does is hit the brakes hard as soon as they see the reference paint on the road and speed up again as soon as they're clear.
          I prefer those cameras to the sneaky cops and the photo radar guy we have here - they were supposed to be to stop people speeding in school and playground zones - funny though they are out on the highway and yesterday they were in the industrial estate where I work. Not too many kids around those places!
          Still Xmas is coming and plod needs his quotas I guess.
          Si Parker
          '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

sneaky cops and the photo radar guy

sneaky cops and the photo radar Gal
            On a very heavily traveled road called Vasco (between Livermore and the delta) it goes thru some hills for about 12 or so miles then the flats of the delta. There have been several very bad crashes and head on's which killed both the speeders and the people in the on coming cars. 55 mph speed limit but the road can be traveled 75+ "safely".

Where the crashes have occured there is no good hiding spots for the cops, so they set up a speed trap using a bucket truck which is hidden behind a hill. Have seen a gal with a radar gun sitting in the bucket which is raised so she can just see over the hill. Just past her will be 6 to 8 cops, both patrol and MC's handing out tickets big time. Now people slow to the speed limit right there but has done nothing to slow em down where the crashes have occured.

mro

Comment

yeah ray, i feel vindictive, ,but snooping around, in the dark, in black clothes and a ski mask, brandishing a loaded pellet gun, all being 48 years old,on second thought, maybe not the wisest thing to do on the other hand, do you know a hit man?
              You could always burn them with petrol in an old tyre
              Tom
              1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
              1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
              1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
              1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Smarter cops

Burning them like they do in England is not so easy here as they put them very high on a pole, not easy to reach. For sure if they were on those low mounts like over there they wouldn't last long. Makes you wonder why they didn't think of that over there. I guess we have smarter cops than they do.
                You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                Drilled airbox
                Tkat fork brace
                Hardly mufflers
                late model carbs
                Newer style fuses
                Oil pressure guage
                Custom security system
                Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

We have a thing called a 'Ladder' in UK
                  Tom
                  1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                  1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                  1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                  1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Re: Smarter cops

Originally posted by planedick
                    Makes you wonder why they didn't think of that over there.
                    Brian
                    XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                    Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Working...
                    X