Jackets for odd shaped people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manshack, I lost about 20 Lbs.

It doesn't sound a lot but I sure noticed it in my bike gear and it isn't if you take your time loosing it, I never went on any crash diet or changed what I ate, just ate a bit less of it.

I find that bike gear is a good measure of my body size, we buy new every day clothes regularly so don't notice them needing to be bigger, but as Crazcnuk says, bike gear we tend to keep for a long time so when it don't fit any more I know I'm piling on the pounds

Good luck with it anyway mate.

Tom
    Tom
    1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
    1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
    1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
    1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Exactly. When I got my first bike leather jacket I was about 150lbs (around 17 yrs old).

Then I did the slow climb up to 212lbs (15-20yrs). I then lost 40lbs, back down to 170lbs. Took about a year, no crash diet, and definately no extra excercise.

Just find out what you need for daily calories and reduce that by about 10%. Ediets.com can help if you need it.

It only took 4-5yrs to get back up to 212lbs, so I went back on the 'diet' and am currently at ~193lbs. I've been stalled here for the summer, but I am not in any hurry. Realizing, that it's a rest-of-my-life program.
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

yeah, i lasted 3 days on this try at a diet before I picked up a cupcake. Halloween is a horrible time to start a diet.
        79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

Jacket for odd shaped people

I just went through that ordeal of selecting a jacket not only for my shape, 5'9" 210lbs pear shaped 40"w, but appproppiate fo my climate here in FL. I knew that I wanted more than the road rash protection that leather offers and that can be had from department stores. I wanted some type of armor as well.
          I almost went for the Joe Rocket Phoenix 4 because of the excellent reviews it got but just couldn't see myself in a shorty crotch rocket racer type of jacket. I was looking for +/- a 3/4 length type jacket. I was also in the market for a flip-up helmet since while commuting and driving around town I want to sometimes get a sip of water or have a cig. or even not choke when I have to spit (pardon ladies,please). So I turned to my previous supplier off ebay that gave me a good deal on my ZOX Azuma R with the red mirror visor. I ordered the Zox Nevado R Jagged graphics in red and then consulted with him about mesh armored jackets. He turned me on to the Vega Mesh jacket he sells for ... get this... $89.99. I looked at all the features and the material as well as the armoring and really could not turn it down. Now, about the shape of the body.... I know that in order to fit my girth I had to get an XXL and in that size the sleeves are 38" long. I measure 33" for sleeve length. So I figure if I spend 30 to 40 bucks gettting it tailored I'm still way ahead of the game considering that jackets like this go for upward of $200.
          So that's my 2 cents worth on this subject. Hope it's helpfull.
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by manshack_one
            Looks like the Cycle gear in Austin is just a small strip mall store. I'm seeing on google several shops (even a harley shop) in Temple and Belton which I have to drive through. I might try one of them out to get an idea of sizes and material.
            #1. Ya show up in Austin and don't look me up, my last feeling will be hurt.
            #2. Yea, the Cycle Gear here is small but has lotsa stuff including kids helemts.
            #3. Try Kasson Yamaha here. I bought my HJC from him and he had all sizes and prices were really decent. He's at 2603 S. Congress, 444-7482. He also carries alot of XS11 parts.
            #4. See #1. :
            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Dude, if you're available I'd be more than pleased to make your aquaintance. I know that the reunion is gonna take up most of the day and I won't be on my bike since I haven't had time to fix the exhaust and take it in for a sync. (or get the title transferred, or registered, or inspected or insured) I wanted to make sure it was going to run before legally making it mine! I can check with the wife about meeting you halfway or something. Maybe Pflugerville or something? It would have to be in the late afternoon. (I know, I know. I'm the one trying to visit you but I'm making all these demands! Just trying to work it into our regularly scheduled program.

Cobia, thanks for the info. That's what I was looking for when I started the thread!
              79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

Working...
              X