New Used bike coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi XS,

Your model is later than the others in the thread; different wheels, more complex paint-job, and the extra detailing on the cam-end covers are obvious clues.

The first picture in the thread, with no fly screen, was the prototype; I don't think they were ever sold like that.

Apart from the brake lines, shox and pipe (and missing stand), it all looks pretty stock... and very good!

We did not get the 750 here; only the almost identical 1100 (And a very rare 1000cc racer!), which is why it is a heavy 750!

We also got chain-drive 550s and shafty 650s with similar, but less extreme styling sold here as Katanas.

Good buy!

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Yeah the front brake lines have been upgraded to SS and the pipe is a 4 - 1 Hindle that sounds NICE I must admit. There's not to many parts out there for this bike it seems so I will have to make due with what I have. I hope he still has the main stand but he bought the bike the way it is 10 years ago so that's a long shot. I do however think it is a worthwhile bike to own and a good new project / toy. It was a good buy at 1000 and 3 months to pay :-)
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Santa Came Early

Santa came early :-) I paid for the Katana and have the ownership :-)
        With some help from a Canadian Katana owners club in Toronto I have discovered that this particular model was a Canadian only model and is one of not more then 200 that were shipped here.
        Now that I own this bike I can really start thinking about what I will need to fix her up. Thank god the list is VERY short because part are next to non existent. E-bay searches rarely bring up more then a few head or wheel bearing.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

good to see

Congrats Rob....good to see what a bike goes for as to what condition and year it is......helps us all in bargaining in the future for a used bike.......Merry Christmas one and all in case I'm not on line again.
          Bruce
          78XS1100
          Bruce Doucette
          Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Nice bike Rob,
            Ive always luved the Katanas,
            tho never owned 1, I remember when they
            first came out, I had just left school.

Have fun and enjoy!
            pete

new owner of
            08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
            1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
            zrx carbs
            18mm float height
            145 main jets
            38 pilots
            slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
            fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X