reaction time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reaction time

~~>...... { " They are young, inexperienced and have a slower reaction time," Schwarzenegger said in a statement after he signed the legislation into law. }

I had thought all this time that it was supposed to get slower, as you got older; it doesn't.
    I've noticed for years, that I've got faster reaction time, at something, I'm experienced at. I
    was somewhat "confused", that it was really happening. But it is true. It must get imbedded in yer DNA, with time, and repeated experience. Insurance companies have
    researched this; now accept this as routine fact. Amazing.
    JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
    7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Oldnorton, mmmm,gave this a little thought,I think the younger riders reaction time is very fast it's just that us older,more experienced riders can "see " problems ahead in the road or the vehicles around us.
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

As I tell my easily distracted son time and time again.....

Focus dammit, Focus!!

Was I that addleheaded when I was his age? I can't remember.
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Re: reaction time

Originally posted by oldnortonrider
        ~~>...... { " They are young, inexperienced and have a slower reaction time," Schwarzenegger said in a statement after he signed the legislation into law. }

I had thought all this time that it was supposed to get slower, as you got older; it doesn't.
        I've noticed for years, that I've got faster reaction time, at something, I'm experienced at. I
        was somewhat "confused", that it was really happening. But it is true. It must get imbedded in yer DNA, with time, and repeated experience. Insurance companies have
        researched this; now accept this as routine fact. Amazing.
        Really wanna test that theory try playing a video game against a young one. Riding for many years means we do things without having to think about it. Is our reaction time better no if it was I would still be racing.
        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Arnie's funny accent

Sorry JC,
          but Arnie's mumbling again. OK, with experience and concentration (your raging testosterone now being under the control of your iron will) the time it takes to recognize a hazard and then decide what to about it may well be less than it was when you were a youth. But the thing that's faster is your recognizing the problem and deciding what to do about it.
          Alas, as you grow older the time between your brain making the decision and your hands & feet starting to move on the controls, the actual "reaction time", is longer. Hopefully what you have gained is more than what you have lost.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
          X