Resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurrection

Here’s a picture of my 1980 XS1100SG saved from somebody’s backyard where it sat out in the weather for years. A savvy member, (gave me some great advice), suggested I post the picture. Did the normal maintenance stuff, oil/filter, fork oil, drive shaft grease. Rebuilt carbs, master and wheel cylinders/pads, new clutch. Front brakes about drove me crazy. When I ordered the pads, the vendor sold me two right-hand sets, (didn’t know there was a left and right). The bike has clubman handlebars mounted upside down and just the steel seat pan, no padding or cover. First driveshaft machine I’ve ever owned, the bike is terrific, I’m really happy with it. Thanks to all the helpful members for the great advice.

Way to go. That seat sure looks it will earn you an Iron Butt award. Maybe it's just me, but I'm needing a lot more padding now a days.

These old girls sure are a hoot ain't they?
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Mine also sat outside for many years neglected. It's such a great feeling when all that time and effort pays off, isn't it?

Congrats! Always good to see another one rescued!

Watch out for butt bruises!!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Now you know why we love these bikes sooo much. They will take soooo much abuse and still come back to life with a little TLC. The only way to kill one of these puppies is to take it apart and never let the parts come back together... cause if they do .. you'll have a "runner" on your hands.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
        X