This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold the carbs.

Also sold brake and clutch levers as well for $5 each. Had to open and repack box 'cuz buyer asked for wrong parts first time around. No extra charge, sh%t happens.

Feedback was excellent with the comment
    "Just what was wanted; thanks for all the fine comunication; Great seller"

Results speak for themselves.

A local XSive took my tank and OE fork tops. His bike is a gorgeous restoration and my original equipment fork tops will help bring his project closer to completion.

My engine with 15,000 miles is also going to a local rider.

Every piece I sell is offered to my local XSives at a healthy discount before being put on eBay. If someone can't afford it, I'll put it away until they can. I also PM back and forth with some guys who aren't local. I have a 1 year old battery that I don't want to ship so I'm giving it away to a local XSive.

I'd explain why I generally don't publicly offer stuff for sale on the XS11 board but I think this thread says it better than I ever could.

Comment

Takes one to know one...?

Yes, folks, we've slipped into the 4th grade!
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I've been talking to some of my fellow Xsives via PM and in person we've been commenting on the different direction the board has taken lately. Seems to be just the last 6 months or so.

This is a perfect example. A new member, here what, all of 3-4 months? Openly hostile for no apparent reason, no bikes listed in his signature. Why someone would spend time in a community like this just to be miserable and pick fights seems like an awful waste of time. It's like they cruise the forums just looking for something to get upset about. I'd think it would get awfully tiring after a while. Not sure what could be going on in a person's private life to make them so angry but you'd think they'd come here to find a respite from it all. I have absolutely no idea who you are but man, you have a big chip on your shoulder.

I encourage you to move past whatever it is that's bothering you. It causes me no grief, but you can't possibly be happy being that pissed at well...nothing. I mean what exactly do you hope to accomplish? I'll still be selling good parts to my friends for good prices. I'll still get together to ride with my local XSives. We'll all agree that you've become a caricature of the angry internet guy. I don't want that but maybe you need that or enjoy it, who knows? But aren't there better places to be that pissed like an MMA forum or something similar? We're supposed to be a community here. I didn't statr this thread, wasn't even selling parts in here, but someone took it upon themselves to make an issue out of nothing.

You haven't been here long but hopefully you'll figure out that your attitude is bad for the community. There's penty of XS riders out there that don't hang out here and we'll never bring them on board with this going on. Most boards out there suck because they're full of this kind of stuff. We should be above it.

In the interests of helping you rise above this, and deal with whatevever it is that's obviously bothering you, I will happily sell you a part at a great price, an AMAZING price. I can even provide references

Or you can continue to be miserable and feel defined by an imaginary feud with me, an anonymous stranger on the net.

Your choice.

Comment

Comprehension

Seems to me that reading is one thing and comprehending is another. The original ad plainly says those carbs were tried on the seller's bike & ran rich. Mind you, IMHO Meatloaf seemed to over-react to the carbs being sent to him with no ziplok bag to keep the styrofoam peanuts out of them. A few blasts with an airline should have fixed that? To adapt a famous statement "Let him amongst you who has never been an arsehole post the first flame."
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

If you want to discuss something I've done on the forum, by all means I'm listening and will apologize profusely if I have offended anyone for something done in this forum.

However, I'm not discussing anything outside the forum, things which I consider to be part of my private life. People need to not get caught up in things and know where the boundaries are.

Comment

I appreciate it...

Thanks Meatloaf for PMing me about a part I was looking for and offering to sell it to me at a decent price.

I DO appreicate it when one of our forum steps up to try to help.

There...unsolicited positive feedback...
              JimBoReeno
              My Ex!"Half-Breed"
              '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
              '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
              2000 Indian Chief
              Millennium Edition

Comment

Actually, that's not fair of me. I opened the door when I mentioned I sold the carbs.

Let me put it this way.

I agree, I overreacted when I bought the carbs and left a negative feedback. The vendor then left me a negative feedback. We talked, worked something out, apologies all around, had a laugh, withdrew the feedback and moved on.

The big question here is why in god's name do you care about my purcahse of a set of carbs from eBay? Not to be dense but why does this concern you, and why would you drag it in here instead of posting something to me on eBay?

Which goes back to my original observation about boundaries.

Comment

Re: I appreciate it...

Originally posted by jimboreeno
                  Thanks Meatloaf for PMing me about a part I was looking for and offering to sell it to me at a decent price.

I DO appreicate it when one of our forum steps up to try to help.

There...unsolicited positive feedback...
                  Haha, thanks Bro. Appreciate it.

Comment

3/33 rule. One little slip and 33 people hear about it right away, one good deed and you're lucky 3 people hear about in a lifetime.
                    Ernie
                    79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                    (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

The fly story...

Here is a link to a little story that has significant insight to this thread. The link is long as I don't know how to rename it.

Well that didn't work. I posted it then tried it and it didn't work. I received it an e-mail and it was a good little cartoon story. The link was several lines long, but when it was posted it was less than one line?????

If I find out how to do it I'll try again.
                      Last edited by planedick; 10-02-2007, 12:56 PM.
                      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                      Drilled airbox
                      Tkat fork brace
                      Hardly mufflers
                      late model carbs
                      Newer style fuses
                      Oil pressure guage
                      Custom security system
                      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I think I know the story. It's about an overstuffed fly

Comment

leave em alone

the way a person comes off on ebay will ultimately determine the amount he get's for what he wants to sell, and the feedback he gets for how he performs, it has stood the test of time, that paradigm is larger that this site a million fold.

ebay is a publicly traded company and growing by the second.
                          while not perfect, it is evolving, as anyone with any feedbacks would agree there is a lot of reading to keep up with the changes

the checks and balances are in place and it works.

like life; people will interface with you if they like what you have to dish out or not, it's very individual.

someone here brought up my hat auction, the same way.

i don't understand why you get emotional over something that really does not concern you or affect you, you'll live with less stress if you chill, no one is out to get you... and you all know who you are. so try to get a life.
                          "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                          History
                          85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                          79 yamaha xs1100f
                          03 honda cbr 600 f4
                          91 yamaha fzr 600
                          84 yamaha fj 1100
                          82 yamaha seca 750
                          87 yamaha fazer
                          86 yamaha maxim x
                          82 yamaha vision
                          78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

My take on it...

one of the great things about this forum is that we watch out for one another... We obviously don't always agree on things... but no matter where one goes, there will always be some sort of disagreement somewhere... and we usually get over it and carry on with things here. After all... the real reason we are here is to help one another with the bikes...
                            With that said, I read the ad... I didn't get a feeling that it was overly obnoxious... maybe not the nicest way of putting things... but nothing that made me say "What a jerk." I would have been torqued about things a bit too if I had a set of carbs arrive, expecting them to be almost pristine, only to find them packed with styrofoam peanuts that had melted to them... sometimes that stuff is heck to get off and can't just be blown off... just ask me about the FJ I bought on E-bay if you want a good E-bay horror story... go ahead... ask me...

(has nothing to do with packing peanuts... I just like to gripe)

As for posting about it here... well... that's part of watching out for one another too... If it hadn't been a member that had been selling them... everyone would have commented on it and it would have gone no further. It's happened before and will again (probably). In this particular instance, it was a member who was able to give his side of the story... not just a blank seller face on E-bay. It just proves that things aren't always what they seem on the surface... but everything was done in the hope of helping out fellow XSives... Can't fault anyone for that...

Heaven knows some of my posts here have come off a bit more hateful than I really meant them to be... It's really difficult to get the right tone when you type (thank goodness for emoticons... right Cody?)

Good time to chill and pass around the beers (root - for those who abstain from alcohol)
                            It's all good and it's all about the bikes... right?

Okay.. my $.02... and then some...
                            81 SH Something Special
                            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

I've been following this thread from the beginning.
                              What really upsets me about how it's turned out is....
                              There's a fight goin' on... and I can't find any relevent way to stick my nose in it!
                              Actually, I just reread the first postings and the thing at Ebay.
                              Were I the seller, I'd be a little leary, too.
                              It's posted that these are offa an XS1100. Anyone who has one of these, would sort of know what type o' carbs it has.
                              The prospective buyer then asks if these are CV or regular, etc. Then goes on to state that he has the regular type.
                              Obviously, he doesn't own an XS and is trying to fix, or build some sort of "Goat-Screw" hybrid monstrosity. This guy seems to be just looking to buy carbs... any carbs. XS carbs might not fit his bike, might not fit the manifold spread distances, might not a lot of things.
                              ...runs a good chance of winding up unhappy with the carbs, and the seller stands a good chance of getting negitive feedback from the guy when he probably tries to return them and gets laughed at, etc.
                              I agree... these were not the carbs for the guy.

There... Prometheus has spoken.
                              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

writing ebay ads are a pain, some people are just not good or attentive writers.
                                that may affect the end price, attitude, lack of clarification, low feedback, sometimes the item will sell for a high price inspite of these issues, no rime no reason.
                                "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                                History
                                85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                                79 yamaha xs1100f
                                03 honda cbr 600 f4
                                91 yamaha fzr 600
                                84 yamaha fj 1100
                                82 yamaha seca 750
                                87 yamaha fazer
                                86 yamaha maxim x
                                82 yamaha vision
                                78 yamaha rd 400