This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay A&&...

I was checking the bay, and saw this . Check out the question and response. What an A hole.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Thinks he's an expert

I saw the pipes he has for sale as well. He says he never got around to building the bike yet the carbs work on it. He's not sure if they're off a standard or special.

For a number of reasons, this is not the bike for him.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

If you want to see a pic of the carbs take a look the guys feedback as a buyer - looks like he paid $165 about a month ago for those carbs and left negative feedback for the original seller.

nice guy

Comment

I think this guy is a member here.
        I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

You know what happens when you ASSume you know the whole story.

I'm selling the parts. I'm no expert but I do know who I do and don't want to do business with.

Call me an a-hole, but I am running out of patience with eBay weirdos who don't want to buy anything and just suck up time because they're lonely or worse start sending me stupid e-mails because I forgot to chekc the damn hide my address box.

I told the guy the carbs weren't for him because I don't want to deal with him even though he supposedly has 3 1978 XS1100's one with 150 HP. Uhh..yeah..right. If I piss him off and he doesn't buy them then missi9n accomplished. There's a real downside to doing business on eBay and I reserve the right to not deal with weirdos. I've already been ripped off twice and it's getting old.

And again you ASSUME, you have the facts. The carbs I bought were tossed in a box with packing peanuts and not sealed. When I got them they were JAMMED FULL of bits and pieces of packing peanuts and had to be completed dissasembled and cleaned before I was comfortable even atempting to use them, and believe me they were a bloody mess.

So yes I left negative feedback, what kind of feedback would you have left? And take 10 seconds and note my own feedback is 100% positive. I pay fast and give fair and honest feedback.

My bike runs fine, was out with some guys here the other day.

I'd like to see the parts go to a genuine enthusiast, not some loon. That's why I'm willing to let the carbs go cheap. If this bothers you....don't buy them. And of course there's the obvious question, why the hell is this any of your bloody business?

Seriously man, get a freaking life, you sound like an old lady bitching over a cup of tea. I'm just trying to sell some parts to fellow enthusiasts and not get ripped off or hassled in the in the process. If you don't like my responses, don't read them.

Comment

Well your right we assumed you were and *******. Now that you've confirmed it we feel better.

Comment

Hehe, so let me get this straight...

I've got a 100% eBay approval rating. I'm pulling parts for some of the folks in here to help them get their bikes fixed up. I've ridden with some of these guys and would like to help out 'cuz they're good guys.

You've been here three whole months. You're involving yourself in something that has absolutely nothing to do with you. You're publicly passing judgement on a stranger over something that doesn't concern you regarding someone you don't know based on discussions and transactions you have no actual knowledge about.

It's odd because normally when someone has parts to sell for these bikes we all share a fascination for, normally you'd encourage them rather than act like a jerk and make the environment unpleasant for them. Strange.

Gosh...when you think about it that that kinda makes YOU the a..hole doesn't it

Comment

May I call you meat?

Dear Mr. Loaf.

You were rude. You have tried to justify your rudeness but I for one am left uninpressed.

Being rude isn't a capital offence, it's just not nice.

I know you've almost admitted to being an 'arse' (Australian spelling) so why not just throw your hands up and admit you were wrong without dropping names, telling everyone how good you are in real life and claiming your right to be selective when you deal with innocent enquirers?

Rude is rude and you were (and I hope not any longer) just plain rude.

Treat people as you would want to be treated.

I am a stupid man with a wonderful bike. I'd hate to think that you would think less of me just because I have the mechanical ability of a knuckle dragging rock ape.

We are not 'special' people here, we are a cross section of the World Community with a common interest. Be nice to the struggler, he may remember you in his will.

Dan.
                Last edited by Stralya; 09-04-2007, 05:49 AM.
                Automotive Imbecile.
                Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Do they not teach reading in schools any more? I already admitted to being rude to the guy because I wanted him to go away. He was no innocent enquirer. He was an ass looking to argue about the wording of my ad because I said the carbs ran rich.

You and others wouldn't wouldn't know that because you weren't privvy to the entire conversation which wasn't all on eBay. Yet here you are going all Rosie O'Donnell.

Before you start calling anyone else rude, maybe all of you should take a hard look at why you're even involved in this conversation. You dragged something from outside the forum in here and started insulting me over something you really don't know the details about. Then all the frustrated Walter Mitty's start coming out of the woodwork to pile on.

It's pathetic mob mentality brought on by the safety of internet anonymity and pretty damn disappointing. You see it on other forums but usually not here. Just move on for pete's sake.

Comment

my turn

First, if your SO determined to sell the carbs to another enthusiast, why bother with ebay at all and just offer them up for sale here on the site? Second, I make it my "business" because, like myself, after reading your response to what was not an unreasonable question, and now getting such a lovely meet and greet with you on here, others too will likely avoid the possibility of doing business with you. Last, If I were to post something like that, I would expect to see it here. It is simple we are a community that watches out for each other's well being, especially on ebay. What I did is not unlike my "crusade" to get the "NOS" emblem scammers off of ebay and make sure no one here gets rippied off. I do however apologize for calling you an A hole. Good day.
                    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I had the exhaust bookmarked but I'll pass. Reminds me of the guy I bought gauges from and that was a disaster. By the way I am and ******* and I don't try to defend it. I may have only been here 3 months but I can still spot a assh*le from here.
                      Last edited by Dsxs11; 09-04-2007, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Now fellas...

This could get real ugly, real fast, so let's not pursue it any more. If the seller wants to be rude on ebay then that is for the ebay folks to worry about, BUT, when it happens here, it can be dealt with by a click of the mouse. Let's lighten up...everybody.

Comment

ebay

I agree with John.I have sold over 700 items with 0 negative feedback.However,once in awhile you do get an absurd question,at least in my opinion,and you answer it in a kind but blunt manor.I did not see anything wrong in how Meatloaf answered the questions he was asked and it was HIS item to sell,at his discretion.Looking at his past posts he is a hell of a good guy and of course a fellow xs'er . Just my 2 cents.

Comment

That's right

Shoulda, woulda, coulda got more facts before draggin' him over the coals.
                            You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                            Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                            Drilled airbox
                            Tkat fork brace
                            Hardly mufflers
                            late model carbs
                            Newer style fuses
                            Oil pressure guage
                            Custom security system
                            Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

My apologies to Meatloaf.
                              I should know by now when to keep my fingers off of the keyboard.
                              peace,
                              Andy

btw, as an ebay seller myself, been there, done that.

Comment

Working...
                              X