New York State Meet and Greet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY meet

Nice ride and pictures Hammerhead.Sorry I could not make it this year. Maybe we can have a spring ride next year.How did your bike fair against the Bimmer and Vmax? Amazing how our antiques just keep going.Brad

Comment

Yes I wish that the xj had been working. But hopefully next year. Maybe we can do a Thousand Islands ride.
      http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Great Pics Hammerhead! I had no idea you were taking pics while we were riding! How dd you manage that? I was a gorgeus day. Gald you ade it back safe andf sound. So, how many miles did you put on that day?

BTW- I did get my 126 retaining wall blocks picked up and installed in the afternoon as planned....
        Past Rides:
        1969 OSSA 250 Pioneer
        1979 XS650 Special
        1978 Honda CB750K
        Current: 1980 XS1100SG

Comment

LOL...retaining walls...

Scott:

We did around 500 miles all told. Getting the pics through the curves was tricky, but my Rat Rod handles quite dreamily at lower speeds. Following Tom on his VMAX made it easy to snap pics, as he was going slowly due to the passenger and the fact that those little tar squigglies made his bike handle like a farm wagon.

The top pic with the goggles was taken on the way home when we stopped to give poor Kristy a butt break. I bought them for $12 and the look was just grotesque, like something out of a bad B movie. We had a blast, and can't wait to do it again next year. Maybe a meet in Syracuse and a ride north to Island Country...there are some NICE twisties between Watertown and Clayton.
          "Rat Rod"
          79 XS1100 Standard
          87 VMAX cans
          Cheap Japanese Tires
          Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
          Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
          Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Great pics! Wish I was there. Watch those leaves!
            1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Yep maybe we can get the Southern ON guys and you North NY guys all together. We have some great riding and are lucky.
              http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

nice pics

Thanks for nice pics of NY meet & greet.

Are those original yamaha xs11 mirrors on the Special?
                How about some descriptions of your XS1100s and mods? I saw 2 headlights & inline filter.

Looks like y'all would enjoy XSeast rally in the spring.

Brent in GA
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Mods:

Ok, sorry its taking so long to reply, but between work, school, the fire dept, and thekids, I barely have time to breathe.

Mirrors are Kmart specials I actually bought for my Explorer, but they didnt work for that. They have lights in them that I wired into the signal circuit. Theheadlight is from a Suzuki 1200 Bandit, I poached them from a friend. :-)

Pretty much everything else is original, except the firemanon my handlebars...he's my own gaurdian angel...
                  "Rat Rod"
                  79 XS1100 Standard
                  87 VMAX cans
                  Cheap Japanese Tires
                  Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
                  Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
                  Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Working...
                  X