No announcement yet.

I've Seen It All Now !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear a modular full face helmet. I can lift it on the road, or at a light, and have a sip of coffe or cold drink. It is safe enough and I am resolved to drop the cup and grab the bars if the situation demands it.
    I just took the bike to Memphis on a business trip, got back yesterday( about 250 miles one way) and enjoyed an occassional drink of cold water in the 100 degree heat index. Very helpful!
    BTW, I stayed at the Embassy Suites down by Beale street. It was "bike night" on wednesday nite on Beale. You should have seen all the chrome. I bet most of those guys only ride from the garage to Beale and back from the looks of the bikes.
    JimBoReeno
    My Ex!"Half-Breed"
    '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
    '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
    2000 Indian Chief
    Millennium Edition

Comment

Hey jimboreeno,
      Where did you get your shield? That's what I'd like to put on mine rather that a fairing.

Simon
      Si Parker
      '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

use a drink holder, and buy 3ft of fish tank tubing. drill a hole through the lid of your favorite soda, put the tubing throung and glue it in.

Put the lid on your drink, put the tubing inside your helmet, where you can reach it with your lips and you can drink anytime you want without taking your hands off the handlebars.

Just reuse your little adaptor with each new bottle of drink you buy.

Remember to wash it now and then.

Personally, I wear an open face helmet. If I wanted to be enclosed, I would take the car.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

GOOD NEWS!!!

Figured out my low-end miss...after wrapping all of the plug wires with black tape! Was tuning the carbs yet another time, and just for giggles I moved the plug wires around while it was running. Idle changed pitch, then smoothed right out! Being on a tight budget, I figured the best way to rectify the situation was black tape, which I had on hand. Wrapped all 4 wires from coil to boot with two layer of the stuff and fired her up...smooth as glass man!!

If only I had thought of that sooner...

SO...here I am with the mix screws 3 turns out trying to get the thing to accelerate smoothly and suddenly the whole problem is...POOF...gone. What else am I to do but... go for a test ride!! Grabbed my buddy Rob and went for a 30 mile cruise to see how she was gonna react. Lower end was responsive,sounded great, and had no hesitation at all. It was like a brand new bike. So...what test ride would be complete without ....

opening the throttle to see what happens!! LOL, grabbed the throttle and twisted her wide, and then hung on for dear life as...

nothing happened!! It popped, rocked, moaned and slowly accelerated to 85mph...TOP SPEED!! Bucking and rocking the entire time. Backe doff the throttle and she smoothed out and cruised at 75. I'm guessing the mix is rich and needs adjusting. Now that I know what gave me the low end miss I can take the mix back to 1 1/2 and start from there. BUT...just wanted to share my joy with ya'll, tomorrow Rob and I are taking a 150 mile jaunt to clean things out and run it for a while. Got free roadside assistance so let the chips fall...

Now all I gotta do is get the thing looking spiffy...now THERE'S a LONG road ahead...
          "Rat Rod"
          79 XS1100 Standard
          87 VMAX cans
          Cheap Japanese Tires
          Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
          Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
          Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Re: GOOD NEWS!!!

Originally posted by Hammerhead1st
            nothing happened!! It popped, rocked, moaned and slowly accelerated to 85mph...TOP SPEED!! Bucking and rocking the entire time. Backe doff the throttle and she smoothed out and cruised at 75. ...
            Your carbs are dirty/lean. When you backed off it cut down on the air. Definately not enough fuel making it to the sparks.
            At 85, the idle circuit has little or nothing to contribute to the situation. It's all mains above 3756 RPM( or there abouts ).
            XS1100SF
            XS1100F

Comment

Working...
            X