signal triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal triggers

It seems that with the population growth we are have in this area, we have also gained a lot of new traffic signals. And because these new signals are not being set to pick-up motorcycles , I have purchased a signal sorcerer signal trigger. this device doesn't change the signal it only help your bike to be seen by the signal control loops which control the timers so you will get your turn in the light cycle.
    These little jewels are a very small super magnet, about 1/8" by1/32"by21/4" that are held on the bottom of your motor cycle by a self adheasive strip,and run $19.95 +shipping Now I don't like to waste money any more then the next guy I thought I would try this thing out and let you guys know if I got ripped off.
    Fastmover
    "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
    lion". SHL
    78 XS1100e

What is the science behind the product?

How does it even work?

Comment

According to the FAQ's that came with the product.

How does the signal sorcerer work?

"When a signal sorcerer passes through the electromagnetic fields controlling most traffic signals in the United States,(these electromagnets are also called "inductive loops"), the extremely powerful magnetic field of the signal sorcerer disrupts the static field generated by these electromagnetic loops, and thereby causes the sensors to think a larger vehicle is present."

If you have any other questions check out
      http://www.signalsorcerer.com/

This is the product website.

If you want to wait and see if mine works first, I will gladly give anyone a report after I give it a good trial.
      Fastmover
      lion". SHL
      78 XS1100e

Comment

Wow...that'd be awesome if it works.

I just had no idea how it would work...now I do.

I'm definitely interested in hearing how it works.

Thanks.

EDIT: Link does not work.

Comment

Follow This Link on the JCW website and read all about it!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

http://www.signalsorcerer.com/

Ok try it now.
            Fastmover
            lion". SHL
            78 XS1100e

Comment

I put on on my E several years ago. There were 3 signals that wouldn't change when there was no traffic around. After installing the magnet 2 of the lights would change for me but the 3rd one still won't.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Just finished the MSF BRC with my daughter this weekend and this subject came up. the general feeling of those that tried it siad that one wasn't enough to work on a consistant bases. No one mentioned if they had tried two.

Ed Z.
                It's an 80 LG My Midnight Ride
                81 XJ650 MAXIM The Preachers Bike (Gone but not forgotten)
                82 KZ 305 CSR Training Wheels (now my daughters)
                82 GS 850 GL SWMBO's (HER RIDE)

'He who wanders is not always lost."

Comment

I have one of the small rare earth ones on an 80 SG. It seemed like it helped with a couple lights I used to have to deal with. It's such a strong magnet I don't think it would fall off the bike even if the sticky tape were not there.
                  1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

signal triggers

Try this,

pull up in a loop area.

call yourself on your CELL, & watch

what happens

Yup, its an electromagnetic field

Later all
                    Andy B. North Coast, Ohio

Comment

In California, If the signal does NOT trip for a motorcycle, you can treat the intersection as a 4 way stop. After waiting for one complete cycle, you can go through the red light, once safe. This is mostly for the "late night" times, when the light won't change.
                      I have two local lights that I DO run at night, as they WILL NOT change for a motorcycle. I did this once with a sheriff car near, and he didn't even bother, as he saw the light cycle without going green for me.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

&quot;The light that failed.&quot;

Tips I've read:
                        1. Turn the bike off and hit the starter button. That throws a pretty good field.
                        2. Before you throw out those old K Mart speakers from your garage stereo, remove the magnets from them and stick them to your centerstand.
                        3. Put the side stand down for a moment.(Don't forget to put it back up, again.)
                        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Tip?

At one busy intersection I get stuck at,
                          I go over and push the walk button.

When traffic is light I wait a minute and then go thru it.

mro

Comment

I don't know about that Ray. I asked that exact question during a state drivers safety course that was required before I could drive state vehicles. He had the giant code book right in front of him and really seemed to know it inside and out as well as keeping up with the new stuff. He was an avid bicycler which was why I brought up the sensor problem and he said still no. His advise, wait for a car to come set it off, or move over to the right lane and make a right, turn around, and make another right. I am not saying he is correct, but he was all about informing people of the laws so that they could use them to their advantage.
                            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

&quot;I posted once before...&quot;

Treat these instances as a "Malfunctioning Stoplight".
                              What do you do when you're in your car?
                              You stop... wait a bit... and then proceed when it's safe to do so.
                              Same as if the power grid failed and all the lights are out. Stop, Wait, Proceed.
                              Of course, as one's not supposed to change lanes withing 100 feet of an intersection, then is it really legal to move over several lanes so you can make a right turn and turn around?
                              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
                              X