• Show
Clear All

Hi ya Dogg

Info be here,
    most all info on the XS is here somewhere

click me>>>http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=713

mro
    btw, welcome to XS land
    btw2, you should post a new thread as you may get over looked adding on to this one

So got any pics of your bike to post???

Comment

I'm back, don't you think I'll give up this easy. Just kidding

Bike update

It was parked for about three weeks, didn't start at all, no spark coming out!!

Finally my cousin came to my house (He's a motorcycle electrician) AKA Dr Moto, and he begin testing here and there, and there was no sign of good news, then all of the sudden the bike started, and after that stalled out. Back and forth.

So he says to me, Do you want to really fix this, once and for all, because this harness is really old, and there's a lot of humidity ni there, we can remove all this sh...... and re-doit

So we took apart everything, every single wire in the bike, and at the end, he pulled about 10 wires for the TCI and we wired them really quick, and the bike start right up, no problems.

So, as I said before, I was going to change a lot on this bike, so this is my opportunity to do it.

My projects,
      New headlight (already bought it)
      New Rear Fender (wider than stock, really close to the tire and attached to the suspension)
      New rear suspension, crome adjustables, lowering the whole rear end about 3 inches
      Cut frame close to the suspension to allow the new wide fender to get in there and look good
      New seat, One person seat, that's it!!!!!
      New speedo, tach, (mines are broken, and I mean phisically broken on the inside)
      New turn signals, new on the side license plate holder with brake light

I think that's it, and there's some progress on the bike, I will post pictures soon.

See ya

Comment

So after two days fabrication, welding, heating, cutting, drilling etc etc etc I was able to

Remove the rear part of the frame that used to support the passenger seat portion, license plate, rear fender and tail light.

Cut, bend and weld the portion of the frame that supports the seat

Changed the Rear suspension for some chrome adjustables

Fabricated the mounts for the rear fender, this one is attached to the suspension so it is close to the tire

So Pictures

My rear turn signals that will be fixed on a mount just behind the upper suppor of the rear suspension

The license plate holder and tail light that will be on the left side of the tire, attached to the axle

The front turn signals

The new headlight

The new rear fender

And now, the outcome of my two days work

What's next

-Relocate foot controls a little forward
        -Fabricate the mounts for the turn signals and headlight
        -Paint
        -Seat (obviously)
        -New muffler
        -New Gauges, (I'm getting one digital gauge that has Tach and Speedo on the same unit)

That's my update for now, will be posting more as a continue the project.

Comment

Looking good

Hi Luis,
          good that you have kept the new rear fender long enough to keep wet roads from painting a streak of mud up your back. So many US custom bikes seem to saw the rear fender off far too short.
          I trust you have some internal stiffening tubes hidden inside to stop the fender's unbraced rear half from shaking?
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thanks fredintoon

As a matter of fact, I got braces on the from of the fender and around the middle of them, the rear portion, is not braced as you mentioned it, but the material of the fender is really thick, it is about 2 milimiters, that makes it really strong and it doesnt shake at all

Any way, I only drove this from the shop that they borrow me for the weekend to my house (about 10 miles), later if a start feeling any shake I will reinforce it on the inside.

Thanks again See ya

Comment

That's #12 Sheet - - -

Hi Luis,
              your new fender is rolled from 2mm thick sheet? That's #12 American Wire Gauge or #14 Imperial Wire Gauge! You are right, it ain't likely to shake if it's that thick. Must have been originally meant for a tractor, eh?
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

JEJE, I don't know about the tractor but it is that thick.

I bought it in the only place in Costa Rica that sells things for customizing bikes, and they imported it from the US, I really don't remember the manufacturers name, but it is quite heavy and tough.

Comment

WOW!

Your bike is lookin GREAT! can't wait to see the final. What kind of paint job are you going to put on her?
                  JimBoReeno
                  My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                  '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                  '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                  2000 Indian Chief
                  Millennium Edition

Comment

Thanks, i'm glad you like it

About the paint job, I really don't know yet.

I got three ideas in my mind

#1 Keep the black with gray strips all over
                    #2 Flat Black
                    #3 Some kind or aerography job, but really don't have a clear idea on what to paint if a choose to go that way.

By know, I need to put some more hours, fabricating the brackets for the new headlight and turn signals, as well as the new speedo.

Maybe people in the forum can provide me with some ideas about the paint job!!!!!!

Thanks

Comment

You just have a lot of good surface area to work with with the fenders the way they are. Plus the look of the bike COMMANDS some kinda great skin!
                      JimBoReeno
                      My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                      '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                      '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                      2000 Indian Chief
                      Millennium Edition

Comment

Working...
                      X