Still gonna ride...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fri Sat

Planning on spending Fri evening in Modesto and looking to meet any fellow XSives who would like to meet on Sat. Maybe a short group ride and terrorizing some biker friendly eatery. Maybe stay in Modesto again SAt night and go over the pass on Sunday, Sunday night in Bridgeport and home on Monday down 395.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Hey Hobbyman,
      Congrats on the appointment to Kings Point. I graduated class of '94. PM me if there is any questions you have.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Up in the air...

Well, Scott just told me he can't go on the ride with me that weekend. So, I'm trying to decide to do the run alone or maybe reschedule. The best laid plans sometimes go assunder.......
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system

Comment

YIKES!!!

I just looked at this thread again.
          It's this Fri the 25th that you'll be here?
          If so I have my youngest (8) son's last baseball game of the season at 6pm and my oldest (15) his spring concert (symphonic ans jazz bands). You're more than welcome to come to one of these (I'll be at the concert).
          I do have the E running tho it has now decided to have an oil leak. Seems to be comming from the clutch.
          I get off work at 8am so would be able to go for a couple of hour ride. From Modesto were you wanting to go east (Yosemite) or east (San Fran bay area)?
          If you reschedule the trip I may have the LG going.

Let me know when you get in town (home) (209)578-0272 or (cell) (209)484-4991.
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

planedick
            you're more than welcome to stay at my shop Friday night (and Saturday if you'd like) - 'got a room in the back that I put down an inflatalbe mattress/sleeping bag (it's actually where I'll be living for a couple of months once the house sells/divorce paperwork is filed...)

'will be doing some things around the house this Friday because there's an "open house" SATURDAY... 'gotta sell this house ASAP so I can "get my life back". (the *ONLY* thing my wife does NOT want is the '80 SG )

'didn't know about THIS FRIDAY until Pat Kelly called (Tuesday; 3 days before your arrival). 'kinda "booked up" but I will have a meal or two with you Friday, breakfast on Saturday - but I don't know about "riding any distance"...

Call me when you're in the area
            shop: (209) 578-2990 cell: (209) 606-6467

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Uncle Spot &amp; Pat...

Was planning to be there on the 1st of June, but that's now up in the air as other things have popped up for Scott and I have an opportunity to do a machine rebuild for serious money, but he wants it ASAP which means if I take the job I'll be tied up for at least 2 weeks, so I might just wait untill a little later.

Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system

Comment

Working...